Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

doubleclick, get rid fo them forever! (no, not from adaware, but that works too)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• doubleclick, get rid fo them forever! (no, not from adaware, but that works too)

I just cam across the link that allows you to forever rid yourself of doubleclicks BS. Here is the link:

http://www.doubleclick.net/us/corpor...il-opt-out.asp

Dave
    Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

I opted out of there cookie crap too. Here is the response I got:

Privacy: Opt-Out
    Opt-out completed successfully.

Your DoubleClick Email Cookie id is now set to OPT_OUT

Interesting...hope it works

Dave
    Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

OK, it makes sense now. Here is the rest of the info...

What happens if I choose to opt-out?
      The system will assign you the following cookie:
      id=OPT_OUT
      instead of a cookie that contains a unique string of numbers

By receiving this cookie, DoubleClick's systems will know that you have opted out and will not to attempt to assign other cookies in the future. Since the DoubleClick opt-out cookie does not contain a unique user number, it does not allow us to identify your browser uniquely.
      PLEASE NOTE that if you erase or otherwise alter your browser's cookie file (including upgrading certain browsers) you may need to perform this process again.

Hope this helps some of you.

dave

Comment

ehh???
        "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Bartender, whatever you gave Dave to drink, give me a crate of it!!
          Jordâ„¢

Comment

Guys, click the link before you comment otherwise his post won't make any sense at all.
            Someday, we'll look back on this, laugh nervously and change the subject.

Comment

Ah impact, but who said I didn't click his link? I did and it still didn't make sense to me

I don't have trouble with any doubleclick commercials in my email, and at the time I do get a problem with them, there's always a Rule to make with which those emails strand in my recycle bin

Jord.
              Jordâ„¢

Comment

Trouble reading helevetianish?

------------------
                "Actually, I -- this may sound a little West Texan to you,
                but I like it. When I'm talking about -- when I'm talking about myself,
                and when he's talking about myself, all of us are talking about me."
                Someday, we'll look back on this, laugh nervously and change the subject.

Comment

Naaah, but I did wonder what it does in TSB More of a GH/S topic...
                  Jordâ„¢

Comment

doubleclick puts a cookie on your PC which then learns info from you such as ALL of your EMAIL addresses adn then sales these addresses to whomever they feel like. If you follow the link, you can get yourself removed from there distribution list so that you will nto continue to get SPAMMED by the masses. You like doubleclick SPAM Jorden?

I guarantee you that ALL of you have some sort of reference to doubleclick on your computer somewhere. They track you like a fricken bloodhound without your upfront permission.

Dave

Comment

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">You like doubleclick SPAM Jorden?</font>
                      Not unless that was an invititation, Dave

Back after these commercials...

And as for probably being on their email list? It's nice of them to give me yet another cookie which doesn't spam me then, but to what use? Who says that this cookies won't be doing a couple of other things? Paranoia all around

Jord.
                      Jordâ„¢

Comment

Working...
                      X