Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should I...

Ok, background info:

I'm a boy. There is a girl. She's just out of a relationship, and says she doesn't plan to go out with a friend again - I'm possibly considered a friend. I can't stop thinking about her, or talking about her. However, I'm not entirely sure if I like her...
    So, should I...
    <ol type="A">[*]Wait a while</li><ul>[*] I could lose her</li>[*]It might get harder to ask</li>[*]I might never know until I ask</li>[*]It gives us both time to sort ourselves out</li>[/list][*] Ask someone else to try and see if she likes me</li><ul>[*] They might not ask</li>[*]They might not be discreet and spoil it</li>[*]It might be successful</li>[/list][*] Write a soppy letter</li><ul>[*]It might seem desparate</li>[*]It might be taken too seriously</li>[*]It might be romantic</li>[*]It gives me time to get what I say just right</li>[/list][*]Write a very soppy poem </li><ul>[*]It is very, very soppy idea</li>[*]It is romantic, and might well work</li>[/list][*]Ask her myself</li><ul>[*]She might laugh </li>[*]She might say no</li>[*]She might say yes (and we live happily ever after)</li>[*]She might say yes (and I find out I don't like her after all)</li>[/list][/list=a]However, that last point could affect them all (and I don't really want to hurt her). So, without sounding very mushy/soppy, how do you sort out your emotions - and how do you recognise love? (D'oh, there, I've said it )
    Yours truly
    P.
    Meet Jasmine.
    flickr.com/photos/pace3000

Nobody can tell you what the right answer is except for yourself. Try to step outside yourself and look down as if gazing into a crystal ball of someone elses life, except it is your own. What do you see? Just be honest with yourself and with her. Come to the conclusion that the answer you may hear might not be the one you want. The worst she can do is say no. You'll know when the time is right

Dave
    Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

well... just one thing:

no guts, no glory

Comment

Well, since she won't date a friend, steal her car for a week, then ask her out on a date

Rags

Comment

The MURC Auxilary Chapter of the National Organization of Women will now come to order.

I don't see the "get her pregnant and skip town" option.

Paul
          paulcs@flashcom.net

[This message has been edited by paulcs (edited 27 February 2001).]

Comment

Ask her tactfully. Honestly. From one former painfully shy guy to another, that's my advice.

Just suck it up and ask. Yeah it'll feel like someone's twisting your guts up in their hand, but just suck it up and ask.

You'll be glad you did, because you'll know.

- Gurm

------------------
            Listen up, you primitive screwheads! See this? This is my BOOMSTICK! Etc. etc.
            The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
            If only life were as easy as you
            I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
            I would still get screwed

Comment

Get yourself some flowers, ask her to a quaint little coffee shop, not too crowded for few distractions.

Give her the flowers, then a pencil and ask her to fill out your questionaire.....well, maybe leave the questionaire out but tell her how you feel.

MSI K7D Master L, Water Cooled, All SCSI
              Modded XP2000's @ 1800 (12.5 x 144 FSB)
              512MB regular Crucial PC2100
              Matrox P
              X15 36-LP Cheetahs In RAID 0
              LianLiPC70

Comment

LOL!

I didn't see the "Screw her friend and make her jealous" option listed either

Comment

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Gurm:
                  ...........former painfully shy guy.......

</font>
                  What you say?
                  MSI K7D Master L, Water Cooled, All SCSI
                  Modded XP2000's @ 1800 (12.5 x 144 FSB)
                  512MB regular Crucial PC2100
                  Matrox P
                  X15 36-LP Cheetahs In RAID 0
                  LianLiPC70

Comment

Gurm Shy!!! AH HAHAHAHAHA!!!1

Anyway Pace, women fresh out of a bad relationship can be very fragile and unpredictable.

Step 1

If you do ask her out, don't make it a full blown date right away. Just ask her out for a drink or coffee or just lunch, something simple where you can get together and talk. That should be easier on you too if you're the shy type.
                    If she seems to be the shy type or still hurt from the last relationship you don't want to come on too strong or make her feel pressured right away.

If you can work your way through Step 1 you will have a better idea if you want to see her again and if she is interested in you.

Now go ask, there's nothing to loose

Paul

"Never interfere with the enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself"

Comment

Don't lose her frendship, give me her number
                      jim
                      System 1:
                      AMD 1.4 AYJHA-Y factory unlocked @ 1656 with Thermalright SK6 and 7k Delta fan
                      Epox 8K7A
                      2x256mb Micron pc-2100 DDR
                      an AGP port all warmed up and ready to be stuffed full of Parhelia II+
                      SBLIVE 5.1
                      Maxtor 40g 7,200 @ ATA-100
                      IBM 40GB 7,200 @ ATA-100
                      Pinnacle DV Plus firewire
                      3Com Hardware Modem
                      Teac 20/10/40 burner
                      Antec 350w power supply in a Colorcase 303usb Stainless

New system: Under development

Comment

Hey hey, you can all blame Julie for me not being particularly shy anymore.

Well, her and the tendency for us all to become more like our parents as we get older.

I used to just mumble and sweat around women.

- Gurm

------------------
                        Listen up, you primitive screwheads! See this? This is my BOOMSTICK! Etc. etc.
                        The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
                        I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
                        I would still get screwed

Comment

Definitely need good friendships.

You have to decide what you really want. Is the risk of losing her as a friend worth the benefit of hitting it off in a relationship?

Decide what you want, and then go for that. If it's a relationship you want, I would go for it very slowly since she's fresh out of one. Definitely don't pressure her. Just be there for her (this might get you a great friendship, too).

One way or the other, be thankful for what you get. Being "trapped in the friends zone" really isn't that bad. Just don't go kicking yourself in the butt for whatever the outcome is. No regrets....

b
                          Why do today what you can put off until tomorrow? But why put off until tomorrow what you can put off altogether?

Comment

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">However, I'm not entirely sure if I like her...</font>
                            On light of that statement, I would definately have to second Sasq's apt summary.

Give it a little time. By in large, people underrate the value of a good friendship. If after a month or two there seems to be some mutual interest brewing, then persue it. But especially if she is just out of a relationship, then chances are what she really wants and needs are some good friends.

Good luck
                            Ian
                            Primary System:
                            MSI 745 Ultra, AMD 2400+ XP, 1024 MB Crucial PC2100 DDR SDRAM, Sapphire Radeon 9800 Pro, 3Com 3c905C NIC,
                            120GB Seagate UDMA 100 HD, 60 GB Seagate UDMA 100 HD, Pioneer DVD 105S, BenQ 12x24x40 CDRW, SB Audigy OEM,
                            Win XP, MS Intellimouse Optical, 17" Mag 720v2
                            Seccondary System:
                            Epox 7KXA BIOS 5/22, Athlon 650, 512 MB Crucial 7E PC133 SDRAM, Hercules Prophet 4500 Kyro II, SBLive Value,
                            3Com 3c905B-TX NIC, 40 GB IBM UDMA 100 HD, 45X Acer CD-ROM,
                            Win XP, MS Wheel Mouse Optical, 15" POS Monitor
                            Tertiary system
                            Offbrand PII Mobo, PII 350, 256MB PC100 SDRAM, 15GB UDMA66 7200RPM Maxtor HD, USRobotics 10/100 NIC, RedHat Linux 8.0
                            Camera: Canon 10D DSLR, Canon 100-400L f4.5-5.6 IS USM, Canon 100 Macro USM Canon 28-135 f3.5-5.6 IS USM, Canon Speedlite 200E, tripod, bag, etc.

"Any sufficiently advanced technology will be indistinguishable from magic." --Arthur C. Clarke

Comment

Dave: I think 'no' is a very likely answer

dZ: So, should I take her to Paris?

Matt: You did kinda raise a point though! Although I say I'm a friend, I'd say 'friendly' with each other as a better description. The previous guy was a very good friend of hers, so I'm not in the same category as him! However, surely if she liked me it wouldn't matter either way - or would it? Anyone ever liked someone but not pursued it for other reasons like this?

Paul: Hmm, must have been a problem with UBB, I'm sure I had that option in there!

Jason: Yea, I am a little shy

SCR: So, if I'm not giving her the questionnaire, where do I stick the pencil

Matt: Once again, funny you should mention that, as the end of the last relationship was on those lines...

Pauly: Sounds good... :S

Jim: Well, you want her number? Of course, she is number 1

Jason: I mumble! (a little too cold here to sweat at the moment though!)

Sasq/Spooge: Yea, but does the friendship have to be developed first?

Ian: Well, I do like her, certainly as a friend, but I don't know why I'm getting in such a knot over it all. I certainly wouldn't say no to her if the situation was reversed, but I don't want to hurt her by going out with her and then realising I've made a mistake. Although the relationship might not work anyway, I don't want to go in when I'm unsure. I mean, I feel great around her, miss her when she's not around, and get worried when she walks to her car when I leave etc. I don't suppose most women will like the line: "Hi, I think I fancy you, but I want to test it out - are you game?"

Ho-hum (and thanks so far), P.
                              Meet Jasmine.
                              flickr.com/photos/pace3000

Comment

Working...
                              X