Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The tone in these holy halls...

NOTE: This is kind of a rant.

I noticed that over the last few days/weeks the tone on the MURC fori has become harsher, there are more flamewars between "old" MURCers (yeah I know, compared to me you're all veterans..), and even abuse of NEW members. While I do not know where this comes from or even if it is a real trend I'm seeing here of if it is just my feeble state of mind making me think you've all suddenly become little devils, but I really liked (and still like) these fori because I can find intelligent people in here that more often than in most other fori know what they are talking about, whith whom you can discuss, and who are friendly most of the time and don't make every single thread a battlefield for their flamewars. I just wanted to say that I hope this stays the same...

End of rant.

AZ

[EDIT: Added the rant warning]

[This message has been edited by az (edited 11 June 2001).]
    There's an Opera in my macbook.

I haven't noticed any difference as of late. These things come and go as often as the stupid posts do. No big deal.
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Check the desktop video forum then...
      Someday, we'll look back on this, laugh nervously and change the subject.

Comment

I've been around for a few new card releases. The Millennium II AGP, G200, G400, G450 and it always gets tense around here right before a new release.

Lots of flame wars and general BS because of people getting impatient or jumping ship because they can't wait any longer...LOL

Just remember..."It's Only a Friggn Card"

Paul
        "Never interfere with the enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself"

Comment

Also, it's not unusual for the natives to become a little restless right before a new card comes out.
          So, it could be a good thing.
          chuck
          Chuck
          秋音的爸爸

Comment

It's because for those of us in college/university, we are currently having the hard final couple of exams at the end of the semester.

So I'm tired and angry with everyone and want to destroy stuff.

though I have never read the Desktop Video forum..

Comment

Oi! az! NOOO!!! Don't you come 'round these parts 'ere moanin' that you're annoyed wiv me tone of voice, or I'll knock ya bleedin' block off! alright?!

------------------
              Cheers,
              Steve

"Life is what we make of it, yet most of us just fake"

Comment

Maybe the answer comes from my abnormally long attention span (LOL yeah right Greebe!)... Yes I do read all forums.
                "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

I haven't noticed a hasher tone... so there isn't one... I don't know what you are smoking AZ but whatever it is... I want some

Just kidding.. I have noticed it.. but heh heh... I just understand that older people have to blow off steam every once and a while... otherwise their brains get mushy and us younger people try to take over.

AMD Phenom 9650, 8GB, 4x1TB, 2x22 DVD-RW, 2x9600GT, 23.6' ASUS, Vista Ultimate
                  AMD X2 7750, 4GB, 1x1TB 2x500, 1x22 DVD-RW, 1x8500GT, 22" Acer, OS X 10.5.8
                  Acer 6930G, T6400, 4GB, 500GB, 16", Vista Premium
                  Lenovo Ideapad S10e, 2GB, 500GB, 10", OS X 10.5.8

Comment

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by cbman:
                    ...and us younger people try to take over.

</font>
                    Go ahead and try, whipper-snappers.
                    You'll never take us alive!
                    I challenge you to a shuffleboard dual!
                    chuck

Chuck
                    秋音的爸爸

Comment

*LOL OK

'tis just because it seems that EVERY forum I visit goes down the drain after I used it for a while... errr... *g

AZ
                      There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

I just ♥ you guys!
                        According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Comment

Awww blow it out your...wait wrong thread .....I love you guys, really

Rags

Comment

It was harsh a few months ago, seemed to centralise around bongo, poor chap

It does come and go, just that Mozilla thread I can think of that has an argument going...

P.
                            Meet Jasmine.
                            flickr.com/photos/pace3000

Comment

cjolley you are on... although the only shuffleboard I have played turned into a nasty game of lacrosse...

Hmmm... now where did I put my Helmet and Jock..
                              AMD Phenom 9650, 8GB, 4x1TB, 2x22 DVD-RW, 2x9600GT, 23.6' ASUS, Vista Ultimate
                              AMD X2 7750, 4GB, 1x1TB 2x500, 1x22 DVD-RW, 1x8500GT, 22" Acer, OS X 10.5.8
                              Acer 6930G, T6400, 4GB, 500GB, 16", Vista Premium
                              Lenovo Ideapad S10e, 2GB, 500GB, 10", OS X 10.5.8

Comment

Working...
                              X