OK who said NO to the new Poll?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OK who said NO to the new Poll?

who was it that is unhappy with their Matrox cards?

------------------
    Slow people are easy to pass, it's people who drive fast that are hard.
    no harm, no foul.

The poll on the MURC homepage? I've just pulled the 'Yes' category into the lead - it's 86 vs 85 at the moment.

------------------
    Cheers,
    Steve

"Life is what we make of it, yet most of us just fake"

Comment

The question was not if you were unhappy with your card but would you buy another card given your experience with Matrox products.

Dave
      Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Helevitia:
        The question was not if you were unhappy with your card but would you buy another card given your experience with Matrox products.

Dave
        </font>
        Yeah - I meant that 'yes' I would buy* another, not 'yes' I am unhappy.

* - not if Haig's got anything to do with it

------------------
        Cheers,
        Steve

"Life is what we make of it, yet most of us just fake"

Comment

Hi Steve,

I was focusing my statement towards drzaius, not you

Dave
          Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

ok then, what has Matrox done/not done to make you decide that you don't want another one?

------------------
            Slow people are easy to pass, it's people who drive fast that are hard.
            no harm, no foul.

Comment

Note it says "Given your experience of Matrox products to date will you buy another?", not "what you expect from it's next product"

I've voted yes, as I really like my good old Millennium 4 MB

AZ
              There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Think I'll buy another Matrox product. If it has the right price, performance, features and comes out at the right moment.

Comment

Yes 151
                  No 240
                  Undecided 41
                  Total votes: 432
                  According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Comment

Hey Ant,

Isn't there some kind of IP log that you can check to see if any of those votes are duplicates.

Joel

BTW Given my experience with Matrox and the fact that image quality is more important to me then yes I would buy another Matrox product.
                    Libertarian is still the way to go if we truly want a real change.

www.lp.org

System Specs: AMD XP2000+ @1.68GHz(12.5x133), ASUS A7V133-C, 512MB PC133, Matrox Parhelia 128MB, SB Live! 5.1.
                    Monitor: Cornerstone c1025 @ 1280x960 @85Hz.

Comment

I don't belive that checking IP would really be good to log if someone has voted twice. Most people can change their IP almost at will.

Spazm
                      P3-667@810 retail, Asus CUSL2-C, 2*128 mb PC-133(generic), G400DH 16mb, SBLive value, HollyWood+, 1*Realtek 8029(AS) and 1*Realtek 8039C, Quantum 30g, Pioneer DVD-115f

Comment

I'll go on record as a yes. One incident stands out in my experience.

Early on I had reported a problem regarding an ASUS board, ECC memory enabled and the first G400 OGL drivers. Haig obtained the hardware and confirmed the problem. Next driver release the problem was fixed. Imagine a company fixing something that affected a small percentage of users.
                        MSI K7D Master L, Water Cooled, All SCSI
                        Modded XP2000's @ 1800 (12.5 x 144 FSB)
                        512MB regular Crucial PC2100
                        Matrox P
                        X15 36-LP Cheetahs In RAID 0
                        LianLiPC70

Comment

I voted yes. My experience with my G400 MAX has been a positive one. Yes the drivers weren't so great at the start, but they've gotten a lot better. I understand a lot of the people in the Desktop Video forum would've voted no, with the Video Tools fiasco.

Comment

I voted yes of course. I will buy Matrox products as long as they have chips made by Matrox as the chip that Matrox has to support. They have an excellent track record on those products.
                            [size=1]D3/\/7YCR4CK3R
                            Ryzen: Asrock B450M Pro4, Ryzen 5 2600, 16GB G-Skill Ripjaws V Series DDR4 PC4-25600 RAM, 1TB Seagate SATA HD, 256GB myDigital PCIEx4 M.2 SSD, Samsung LI24T350FHNXZA 24" HDMI LED monitor, Klipsch Promedia 4.2 400, Win11
                            Home: M1 Mac Mini 8GB 256GB
                            Surgery: HP Stream 200-010 Mini Desktop,Intel Celeron 2957U Processor, 6 GB RAM, ADATA 128 GB SSD, Win 10 home ver 22H2
                            Frontdesk: Beelink T4 8GB

Comment

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by drzaius:
                              ok then, what has Matrox done/not done to make you decide that you don't want another one?
                              </font>
                              I won't buy another MAtrox product because I've been burned two times allready. I've owned a Millennium II + RainbowRunner, m3D, Millennium G200, Millennium G400 and a Marvel G400.

The RainbowRunner Studio was the last, I believe, of their videoediting products that were really supported. They released new VideoTools quite regularly. And then, all of a sudden it stopped. So, the great, still functioning, M2+RR with hardware MJPEG is now nothing more than a heavy, expensive piece of a 2D gfx-card. It's WinNT 4 drivers was a joke, and who'd want to go back to Win95 for videoediting? I have a vague sispicion that he reason they killed it off was because of the lack of Macrovision, which made this card really great. If you needed to record a DVD to VHS? No problem! The Mill2+RR could act aass a passthrough Macrovision-stripper.
                              Is it really that hard to port the VideoTools between Win95 and Win98/ME? That would have increased the lifespan of this card by another 2 to 3 years.
                              The Marvel G400, on the other hand, has never been supported by Matrox. Lousy drivers coupled with lousy VideoTools, used in a lousy OS (Win98). I'm willing to bet that I have a majority of the Marvel users behind me on this claim.

That's why.

Comment

Working...
                              X