Anti Road policy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anti Road policy

Our Sheffield city council have come up with a brilliant way to make the choked roads safer.
    Put speed humps everywhere fill in one side of the road opposite bus stops so that all the road is blocked if a bus pulls up. It also prevents fire and ambulance services getting quickly to emergencies. Improve roads by making sure the buses can't pull out unless theres no one coming from the opposite direction. (No room to swing)
    Push out one side of the side road so when someones coming down a steep hill on a accident black spot wishing to turn in they have to stop to let another person out of the side road. So when it's icy theres a good chance the vehicles behind will go crash striaght into the back.
    Remove perminant bus lanes and make them semi perminant I can't understand that one. Put in cycle tracks that run for 10 yards which no cyclists use. Reduce a main artery road from three lanes to two creating a major bottleneck.
    The council then wonders why major companies keep pulling out of the city. Well I won't be voting for this bunch of idoits.
    Oh I live on a one way strecth of road so I'm waiting for them to make impossible for me to drive home.

Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Wow your roads have maintainence... ours are just falling apart by themselves

Comment

LOL
      "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Hey, this madness is going on here in germany for over ten years now.
        Finally one bad thing you Americans take over from Germany (and not vice-versa as usual). Guess that's just revenge...

EDIT: Oops, I just noted that the original poster is from the UK, not the US. So maybe this is a european "speciality".

[This message has been edited by Indiana (edited 01 June 2001).]
        But we named the *dog* Indiana...
        My System
        2nd System (not for Windows lovers )
        German ATI-forum

Comment

The non offical speed humps are the pot holes. I think we lost a bus in one the other week. Cave rescue are still trying to find them.
          Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

ROFL

On a more serious note though, our roads are in a pretty sad state compared to anywhere else in western Europe.

Apparently, in the past you could tell you weren't in the UK because the roads were so much worse than you were used to. Now the exact opposite is true.

Perhaps that £155 a year road tax and 60p/litre tax on fuel should actually get spent building a decent road network.

Comment

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Raptor^:
              Perhaps that £155 a year road tax and 60p/litre tax on fuel should actually get spent building a decent road network.</font>
              here! here!!

------------------
              Cheers,
              Steve

"Life is what we make of it, yet most of us just fake"

Comment

Pot holes are nothing new. The Beatles sang about "4,000 Holes Found in Blackburn, Lancashire" back in '67 if I remember right.
                MSI K7D Master L, Water Cooled, All SCSI
                Modded XP2000's @ 1800 (12.5 x 144 FSB)
                512MB regular Crucial PC2100
                Matrox P
                X15 36-LP Cheetahs In RAID 0
                LianLiPC70

Comment

The roads round here are so bad that the old cobbles ride smoother when they show through.

The lastest on the hunt for the missing bus. Another pot hole has opened and they reckon the cave rescue fell in that. They're now sending another cave rescue to rescue the cave rescue.
                  Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

A couple of years ago my father narowly avoided a pot hole in the road he was traveling on.

It was formed roughly as an elips and about a four foot wide and about two foot deep.

He had put up a warning triangle and was phoning the "Road Department" when a Volvo roared past him doing about 120mph (rated speed was 45).

I't hit the pot hole square and made some realy impresive rolls...

The driver lived to tell the cops that he was desperate to reach a board meting in Stockholm, hence the reckless driving..

If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">They're now sending another cave rescue to rescue the cave rescue.</font>
                      How many cave rescue teams are there? It seems to me they`ll run out of cave rescuers soon

------------------
                      Seth, are you ok ?
                      I`m peachy, Kate. The world is my oyster.
                      Seth, are you ok? I`m peachy Kate. The world is my oyster. - Seth Gecko

Comment

ROTFLMAO !!!

------------------
                        Seth, are you ok ?
                        I`m peachy, Kate. The world is my oyster.
                        Seth, are you ok? I`m peachy Kate. The world is my oyster. - Seth Gecko

Comment

Well another bus has just gone in and Tony Blair is thinking about sending in the army.
                          Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Working...
                          X