Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Road rage have ever been on the recieveing end?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Road rage have ever been on the recieveing end?

The best one I had was being chased through the nice country roads of Buckinghamshire (around Silverstone area) at 5.00 O'clock in the morning. The car I was driving had rally supension in it (Shame about the engine) so I pasted the git on the corners. What did I do wrong? I just overtook him and he went ballistic he got ever angrier when he couldn't keep up on the corners.
    Other good ones were getting tons of abuse for letting the person out. Go and figure. Getting sworn at for letting someone change their mind which way there were turning after they started turning right.
    Oh and the huge artic lorry who tried to ram me becuse he didn't think I should be turning right in front of him. Luckily I got out of the way as someone saw what the moron was trying to do.
    Theres a few more I could mention.
    Have I ever had road rage now that would be telling.
    Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

The best one I had. I was waiting at the lights (3 back from the lights, and this set of lights was dual laned). The lights turned green, the front car went, the car in front of me just sat there, the middle aged man appeared to be stroking/cleaning the face of the woman sitting next to him. I was in no hurry, I did not beep, offer any insulting gestures, rev my engine or even pass wind.
    I did look at my friend who was sitting next to me and shrug though. When the man realized the light was green he promptly gave me the finger and started yelling over his shoulder at me. On the other side of the traffic lights, he changed to the other lane, pulled along side of me and started yelling abuse. At the next set of traffic lights he got out of his car (which was so old and beat up most of the windows where plastic held on by sticky tape) and proceeded to yell at us 'you do know who I am, your both dead, you will have a bullet in your brain' then he got back into his car and kept swearing.

That was nine months ago, and I'm still able to type so I figure I haven't passed over yet.

If anyone can tell me exactly what I did to offend this guy, I'm open to suggestions.
    (And no its not my ugly face, he was way uglier then me )

Dan
    Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

Comment

People who are so unbalanced by rage are often very easy to beat the holy living sh!t out of.. as long as you know a few moves. I have a mild-mannered friend who looks quite innocuous but is a second degree black belt in karate. He once put down a guy twice his size with no apparent effort. I would love to see one of these angry people come try and attack him.. it'd be hilarious.

I had one guy chase me down, pull in front of me and stop.. I stopped too. He got out of his car and stormed over.. when he got to the window and started yelling obscenities, I gave him the finger and took off. He was so far behind I lost him. Yes, I really seriously considered taking his door off (he had left it open and I had to go around.)

Comment

Most of the time I accidently cut them off because they sit in my right blind spot for 15 minutes. I hate drivers that do this, they should expect to get cut off when they do that!

------------------
        "Wedge! Pull out! You're not doing any good back there!"
        Suggestive Star Wars line from Return of the Jedi
        Titanium is the new bling!
        (you heard from me first!)

Comment

That was YOU! Why you little.....
          System 1:
          AMD 1.4 AYJHA-Y factory unlocked @ 1656 with Thermalright SK6 and 7k Delta fan
          Epox 8K7A
          2x256mb Micron pc-2100 DDR
          an AGP port all warmed up and ready to be stuffed full of Parhelia II+
          SBLIVE 5.1
          Maxtor 40g 7,200 @ ATA-100
          IBM 40GB 7,200 @ ATA-100
          Pinnacle DV Plus firewire
          3Com Hardware Modem
          Teac 20/10/40 burner
          Antec 350w power supply in a Colorcase 303usb Stainless

New system: Under development

Comment

ZokesPro, I agree totally. That's what happened to anger the guy in my post above. Even worse, he was driving a camaro and I was driving a loaded full size pickup truck, so he was pretty much invisible, unless I took pains to check the passenger side rearview mirror, which admittedly I didn't since I was not used to driving a big vehicle at the time.

BTW, change your signature! That line is not from Return of the Jedi. It is from the original Star Wars.

------------------
            Kind Regards,

KvH

Comment

I was driving down a residential street and a guy ran a stop sign right in front of me and turned left. I had to slam on my brakes and everything in my car slid forward. I was ticked but I kept my cool and just stared the guy down as he passed me. He started flipping me off and practically came out of his window yelling at ME. I was watching him in my rear view mirror when I saw him stop and open his door. Something inside of me went ballistic. I slammed on my brakes and got out. As I was walking towards his car I said "Dude! I don't know what your problem is, but you pulled out in front of ME" He said "So now you wanna go punk" and got right in my face. This was a very bold move on his part since I am 6 foot 1, 220 pounds of ex-football player. I said "I KNOW you aren't bucking up to me" and he said "What the F*** are you going to to about it? Come on!" and then he did that little flinch move we use to do in third grade where you act like you are going to hit someone and really don't. That was all I needed to see. I immediately put my right fist to his left jaw and knocked him out cold. He went down like a sack of potatoes. I reached in and locked his car (running) and then left him lying there.

That was the only time I have EVER lost it and hit someone. This guy was practically begging for it though. I almost know that I broke his jaw (My hand hurt for a week). I'll bet he doesn't provoke anyone on the road again.

(The artist formerly known as Kindness!)

Comment

That's Kindness!

AZ
                There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

No that's funny

Way to go!

He definately deserved it.
                  AMD Phenom 9650, 8GB, 4x1TB, 2x22 DVD-RW, 2x9600GT, 23.6' ASUS, Vista Ultimate
                  AMD X2 7750, 4GB, 1x1TB 2x500, 1x22 DVD-RW, 1x8500GT, 22" Acer, OS X 10.5.8
                  Acer 6930G, T6400, 4GB, 500GB, 16", Vista Premium
                  Lenovo Ideapad S10e, 2GB, 500GB, 10", OS X 10.5.8

Comment

Nice touch locking his doors. Love it

------------------
                    Andrew
                    Carpe Cerevisi
                    Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine. -- Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

I've had a couple of incidences that I could mention here (like one guy on a freeway doing over 100km/h leaning head and shoulders out the driver's window so he could look back and me and abuse me - like I had anychance to hear him, and just gave him a blank look in return. :P ) but this one is one example of why I think women with their kids in their cars are about the worst drivers on the road...

I was walking back to my car at uni one day, and to get to the car park I had to cross the Ring Road. As I approached the pedestrian crossing, I noticed a station wagon approaching that looked to be doing considerably more than the 40km/h speed limit. So as not to force them to jam their brakes on, I decided I'd walk a bit slower so they'd pass before I got onto the crossing.

I looked away for a second, and when I looked back up, the car was now nose-down under heavy braking. A fraction after seeing this, the car stopped braking and continued driving, with the female driver mouthing off very animatedly at me. It was at this point I noticed the baby seat in the back of the car.

After the car passed, I started across the crossing to the island in the middle of the road. Meanwhile, the car did a u-turn at the nearby round-about and came passed me in the other direction, with the driver still abusing me. I just gave her a "what drugs are you smoking?" kind of look, partly due to being confused about why she was abusing me.

As far as I can work out, she was speeding, and paying attention to the kid in the back. At the last second she saw the crossing and me approaching it, and panicked. Why she chose to blame me for her unattentive driving habits is beyond me.

I'm sorry to any mothers who may visit here and are offended by me singling them out as the most dangerous people on the road (although, they would fall behind drunk drivers, and taxi drivers. :P ), but my brother-in-law also saw a woman who was yelling at her kids in the back seat, and looked up with enough time to maybe pick the colour of the stationary car in front of her before she plowed into it.

Oops. Better get back to my padded cell before anyone notices I'm missing. :P
                      <i>Shampoo is better! I go on first and clean the hair!</i>

Athlon 700, K7V, 192Mb RAM, 32Mb G400 DH (v5.52), SBLive!, 26.4GB HDD, Win2k Pro, Actima 8xDVD, LG 32x4x4x CD-RW, CTX VL950T 19"

Comment

Taxi drivers may sometimes abuse the traffic rules, but atleast they know how to handle their car.
                        Someday, we'll look back on this, laugh nervously and change the subject.

Comment

Sometimes?
                          [size=1]D3/\/7YCR4CK3R
                          Ryzen: Asrock B450M Pro4, Ryzen 5 2600, 16GB G-Skill Ripjaws V Series DDR4 PC4-25600 RAM, 1TB Seagate SATA HD, 256GB myDigital PCIEx4 M.2 SSD, Samsung LI24T350FHNXZA 24" HDMI LED monitor, Klipsch Promedia 4.2 400, Win11
                          Home: M1 Mac Mini 8GB 256GB
                          Surgery: HP Stream 200-010 Mini Desktop,Intel Celeron 2957U Processor, 6 GB RAM, ADATA 128 GB SSD, Win 10 home ver 22H2
                          Frontdesk: Beelink T4 8GB

Comment

I've had a few cases of people shouting at me and making obscene guestures, most memorable was a woman on a horse.
                            It was a long straight single carriageway with a 60mph limit. I was proceeding along at about 60mph when I spotted a couple of horse riders in the distance. Mindfull of this, I slowed down, dipped the clutch (so the engine wasnt howling as I went past) and even paused the CD player. Rolling gently past well clear of the horse at 45 mph, I was quite suprised to get a earful of abuse telling me to slow down.
                            My only real road-rage incident was some prat who thought sitting in the outside lane of a 70mph dual carriageway at 50mph was the correct way to drive.
                            After sitting behind him for a mile, I got bored and gave him a flash on the headlights, at which he quite pointedly jabbed the brakes and looked at me in the mirror. I dropped into 3rd, pressed the fun pedeal and went up the inside of him at Warp Factor 7.
                            Further on the road reduced to a 40mph limit and a wide single carriageway, so I slow down and the prat catches up, then gets real close to my tail mouthing abuse, then attempted to go up the inside of me at a roundabout. Not something he had much chance of success doing as I was in a sticky-tired Citroen GTi and he had a Ford Orion POS, but he really got upset when it didnt work.
                            Athlon XP-64/3200, 1gb PC3200, 512mb Radeon X1950Pro AGP, Dell 2005fwp, Logitech G5, IBM model M.

Comment

And why is it that usually the one who is in the wrong is the one who gets the most bent?

Joel
                              Libertarian is still the way to go if we truly want a real change.

www.lp.org

System Specs: AMD XP2000+ @1.68GHz(12.5x133), ASUS A7V133-C, 512MB PC133, Matrox Parhelia 128MB, SB Live! 5.1.
                              Monitor: Cornerstone c1025 @ 1280x960 @85Hz.

Comment

Working...
                              X