No announcement yet.

Anyone Gonna get an Xbox in November???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone Gonna get an Xbox in November???

I seriously thinking about getting one and keeping up at my girlfriends place and getting the add-on DVD module when it comes out so I have DVD player there. This would be my first console system since the Atatri 5200 that I had when I was a kid! Even having a Nivida chip in it won't bother me much since TV is already blurry! LOL

Scott

------------------
    Abit BH6 rev 1.0 Celeron 2-566@877mhz,256mb RAM,ATI Radeon AIW,SB Live! with Klipsch Promedia v2-400, Optiquest V95 19in montor, Asus 40x CD-ROM, Aopen 5x DVD-ROM,HP9110i 8x4x32 CD-RW,SupraMax 56k modem,WinME on Western Digital 30GB drive
    Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

LOL...

But with the improved 2D quality of the GF3 the blurriness will look really crisp

[This message has been edited by cbman (edited 21 May 2001).]
    AMD Phenom 9650, 8GB, 4x1TB, 2x22 DVD-RW, 2x9600GT, 23.6' ASUS, Vista Ultimate
    AMD X2 7750, 4GB, 1x1TB 2x500, 1x22 DVD-RW, 1x8500GT, 22" Acer, OS X 10.5.8
    Acer 6930G, T6400, 4GB, 500GB, 16", Vista Premium
    Lenovo Ideapad S10e, 2GB, 500GB, 10", OS X 10.5.8

Comment

My question is why would anybody want an Xbox??

Joel
      Libertarian is still the way to go if we truly want a real change.

www.lp.org

System Specs: AMD XP2000+ @1.68GHz(12.5x133), ASUS A7V133-C, 512MB PC133, Matrox Parhelia 128MB, SB Live! 5.1.
      Monitor: Cornerstone c1025 @ 1280x960 @85Hz.

Comment

Because they will have kickass games. I don't like it, and I think that the hardware will be far from cutting edge when it comes out, but MS knows how to swoon/buy developers.

Now, if they could stop the Xbox from crashing during public demonstrations...
        Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

If you are gonna get a console, get a Gamecube BTW-It will be the only console with progressive scan which means you can play it on an HDTV or a Computer Monitor so the games will actually look like what they are supposed to.

Dave

------------------
          What if the Hokey Pokey is what it's all about?
          Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

GameCube=pokemon!

Comment

hehe, true, but Nintendo promises to support games that doesn't just show off 5 year old wet dream cartoon characters.

Dave
              Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

No!

I already have a PS2 and there is hundreds of games for it already!

------------------
                "Wedge! Pull out! You're not doing any good back there!"
                Suggestive Star Wars line from Return of the Jedi
                Titanium is the new bling!
                (you heard from me first!)

Comment

Yep, especially those PS1 ports, right?

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">If you are gonna get a console, get a Gamecube BTW-It will be the only console with progressive scan which means you can play it on an HDTV or a Computer Monitor so the games will actually look like what they are supposed to.</font>
                  AFAIK, you can hook a dreamcast to a computer monitor and it will play the games in higher resolution, too.

But i have to admit I am seriously tempted by the gamecube, imagine how many adult titles it will have... none... imagine how many pokemon titles it will have.... thousands... mhmhmhm I like pokemon .
                  Someday, we'll look back on this, laugh nervously and change the subject.

Comment

People! It will have adult games. Duke Nukem will be released for the Gamecube

Dave

Comment

Hey heres a good question about the Xbox... I know one the titles is going to be Black and White. I've Played this game for a good couple weeks. I don't care for it since its too much work, but this leads me to this question....who the hell is gonna sit in front of a TV for a good 40-60 hours to play a game? The PC is better suited for this since its more less not a focal point for enterament, like the TV is. Anyone else feel like commenting?

Scott

------------------
                      Abit BH6 rev 1.0 Celeron 2-566@877mhz,256mb RAM,ATI Radeon AIW,SB Live! with Klipsch Promedia v2-400, Optiquest V95 19in montor, Asus 40x CD-ROM, Aopen 5x DVD-ROM,HP9110i 8x4x32 CD-RW,SupraMax 56k modem,WinME on Western Digital 30GB drive

Comment

Sure, I'll get one. I like having my console gaming system crash with a BSOD.

NOT

Comment

Anything coming from Microsoft will probably have to be returned for IRQ conflicts and BSOD's. Imagine that your console has an IRQ conflict, ACPI is not working.... I can hear the Tech now please re-install the vi...... damn!

Comment

Well, I've read the XBox comes with 3 free games : Access Violation, Fatal Error, and (king of all) Blue Screen II !

Anyway, if it were to have a next gen matrox, perhaps I could put it in my computer ?

Jörg
                            pixar
                            Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

I gave up console gaming a long, long time ago or PC gaming. Although the X-box looks groovy and all, I'd rather buy more anime DVD's.

------------------
                              ]@/\/\/\/\|Ø\0©|&lt;

Athlon 650
                              256 MB PC133 CAS3 from Crucial
                              87 GB storage from WD & IBM
                              Matrox G400 (it's not dead yet!)
                              SB Live! the original full retail, still going strong
                              Klipsch ProMedia v.2-400, the PC speakers that goes BOOM!
                              Please email me if you would like to contribute to the "Jammrock needs new toys" fund.
                              “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
                              –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Working...
                              X