Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Duke Nukem Video

http://turner.download.akamai.com/cn...cnnfn.ns80.asf
    Hopefully a higher res ver will be out tommorow.

From what I can see the game won't have Quake 3 quality graphics but the graphics will be FAR better than UT.

But what I care about is the interaction with the environment/characters which just like Duke Nukem before it it seems that Duke Nukem Forever will raise the bar again for FPS interaction. WOOHOO!

*Shake it baby.
    C:\DOS
    C:\DOS\RUN
    \RUN\DOS\RUN

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by DosFreak:

From what I can see the game won't have Quake 3 quality graphics but the graphics will be FAR better than UT.

</font>
    This is petty, but how can a game have FAR better graphics than UT, but worse graphics than Q3?

Have you ever seen UT with compressed textures?

:P

Illusion[Spirit]
    www.spiritclan.co.uk

Comment

Oops, Meant UT without S3.

I don't think DNF will have CT tho.
      C:\DOS
      C:\DOS\RUN
      \RUN\DOS\RUN

Comment

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">This is petty, but how can a game have FAR better graphics than UT, but worse graphics than Q3?</font>
        Quake3 supports S3TC just like UT, and the lighting engine of Q3A is like a 1000 times better than UT's.

That video looked really, REALLY promising though

[This message has been edited by dZeus (edited 16 May 2001).]

Comment

pfffft!

But lets just hope the DNF lives up to expectations! :E

[This message has been edited by Illusion[Spirit] (edited 17 May 2001).]
          Illusion[Spirit]
          www.spiritclan.co.uk

Comment

Cool video of DNF. I want a playable demo, like NOW!! Preferably the part where it's Need for Speed Revisited, with those cars driving through the street

Jord.
            Jordâ„¢

Comment

Yeah this looks really good, it's amazing how these trailers are looking more and more like film trailers. Hoperfully this should help get over the lost feeling i've had ever since i last played Halflife for the 400th time .

Comment

All right, here it is again, not in the April Fools thread....

What you guys <u>really</u> need to see is the High Quality E3 demo. It's mostly the same as the above, but 1) you can see what's going on and 2) there's an extra bit at the end which all we Duke fans can appreciate.

Huge d/l for a dial-up connection (almost 50 MB), but it's really worth it to be able to play "count the effects"

Get it from FilePlanet

Have fun!!!

----------------------
                Holly

Comment

Working...
                X