Their they go to there lair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Their they go to there lair

I've seen bad and worse English from every side of the ocean on these fori. I'm Dutch and I try my very best to write coherently so you, native English speaking and reading people, can follow me. Why don't you try to do this for us non native English people as well?

Lately it's things like "I went to there address to examine there computer" and "I didn't want to go their, but I had to.."

Has English changed, or is this just laziness on your parts?

Jord.

Edit: Thanks Holly for the coherency

[This message has been edited by Jorden (edited 18 May 2001).]
    Jordâ„¢

My exuse(?) is that I have dyslexia.
    And I sometimes use Web Washer, which kills the spell checker.
    chuck

PS You and Maggi both speak English amazingly well.
    (Chuck tips hat)
    PPS "The tough coughs as he ploughs the dough" - Dr. Suess

[This message has been edited by cjolley (edited 18 May 2001).]
    Chuck
    秋音的爸爸

Comment

Jorden there are people like me that just doesn't know too much how to write... even in their native language. I don't have any friends here that can write about a page (~200 words) without 20-30 errors. For my part, i consider myself lucky when i write less than 30 errors per pages.

Spazm
      P3-667@810 retail, Asus CUSL2-C, 2*128 mb PC-133(generic), G400DH 16mb, SBLive value, HollyWood+, 1*Realtek 8029(AS) and 1*Realtek 8039C, Quantum 30g, Pioneer DVD-115f

Comment

If old shakyspear couldn't spell his own name, spell anything else and hadn't heard of grammer why should we worry, we're good company.
        Oh I don't use the spell checker because my Nortons firewall kills it otherwise I would do.
        Plus I went to school with a english teacher who couldn't spell and suffered from bad grammer. She had nice legs though.
        Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
        Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

What you say?

My spelling English grammar and are okay!

Dutch silly people are making life mine so odd very that think bomb should we the lot whole you of.

Chekker speeler neeed not I. I speel eNglish juste fin.

------------------
          ]@/\/\/\/\|Ø\0©|<

Athlon 650
          256 MB PC133 CAS3 from Crucial
          87 GB storage from WD & IBM
          Matrox G400 (it's not dead yet!)
          SB Live! the original full retail, still going strong
          Klipsch ProMedia v.2-400, the PC speakers that goes BOOM!
          Please email me if you would like to contribute to the "Jammrock needs new toys" fund.
          “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
          –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

I don't know English American again
            Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

My excuse is that my brain is clocked at a zillahertz but my fingers are stuck in a decrepit ISA aged 8 Kilohertz bus.

When I write I miss small things like "a" "is" "and" and sometime words comprise of parts of the next three that are to follow...

Maybe if I got some nice Microsoft Intellifingers it would help
              AMD Phenom 9650, 8GB, 4x1TB, 2x22 DVD-RW, 2x9600GT, 23.6' ASUS, Vista Ultimate
              AMD X2 7750, 4GB, 1x1TB 2x500, 1x22 DVD-RW, 1x8500GT, 22" Acer, OS X 10.5.8
              Acer 6930G, T6400, 4GB, 500GB, 16", Vista Premium
              Lenovo Ideapad S10e, 2GB, 500GB, 10", OS X 10.5.8

Comment

Note: The human brain is estimated to "run" at 4 Teraflops.

Jorden has a good point. People's grammar is getting much worse. I try to keep mine clean, but a lot of people don't even bother any more.
                Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

I try to type properly as well. I've seen too many people who write messages like, "hey i got a problem wit my g400, can ne1 hlp me fix it?" Very annoying, and takes too much effort to read. No, I don't use the spell checker.

Comment

Grammer is a invention. Grammer stops the development of language.
                    If everything grammical correct you'll get really boring books and if you don't believe me try Satanic versus or whatever it is called and you'll fall asleep at the first page or if not the 2nd page.
                    The English lang contains many reduancies (Spelt wrong) and grammer keeps these in.
                    Why have a paragraph of correct grammer when you can say it one sentance.
                    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

The english lang is so brilliant why do we pronounce Derby Darby. Scone, scon or Scone.
                      When you say there or their it sounds the same so why have different spellings.
                      Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Even this site has errors:

Site Feedback
                        Area for user feedback for the Matrox Users Resource Centre or any of it's hosted sites.

ITS, not IT´S. It´s a very common ortographic error that even english or american make. IT´S is a contraction of IT IS, and it´s not a "possessive article"(I don´t now how do you call it in english grammar)

[This message has been edited by Alec (edited 18 May 2001).]

Comment

Alac,
                          Actualy thats not right.

It's = it (his) posessive
                          Its = more than one it

eg; Alec's table = Alec (his) table
                          -vs- Alecs table = Table belonging to more than one Alec.

chuck
                          (Whose wife has a Master's in Creative Writing or he wouldn't know these things )

[This message has been edited by cjolley (edited 18 May 2001).]
                          Chuck
                          秋音的爸爸

Comment

See, thats how confusing English is. Get rid of grammer and thers no problem.
                            Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

I look for content in post's. Sure you get more points for proper diction and spelling, but as long as the point is there, I don't mind at all.
                              MSI K7D Master L, Water Cooled, All SCSI
                              Modded XP2000's @ 1800 (12.5 x 144 FSB)
                              512MB regular Crucial PC2100
                              Matrox P
                              X15 36-LP Cheetahs In RAID 0
                              LianLiPC70

Comment

Working...
                              X