Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Asus releases 'Cheat' video drivers - the B@$^*%DS!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asus releases 'Cheat' video drivers - the B@$^*%DS!!

Don't worry. Let's see. I think this is their first driver release since version 5.33; so 5.33 => 11.01. So they'll get around to removing the cheats at about version 24.0

John

The only thing which sucks even more is people accusing others of cheating when they are in fact just good players.

Comment

I've really gotten to hate people that use spikey models.
      Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

That's not what we are saying.

1300 headshots out of 1500 frags is surely cheating. Not even the best player in the world can pull a stunt like that.

[edit: Misplellin lajk ders no thommarrov]

[This message has been edited by Novdid (edited 12 May 2001).]

Comment

This really pisses me off-
          I've seen the 2.01 Asus (hacked to work on ANY nVidia card) in action, and its just horriable. My only condolence was they where really slow. I was hoping they would start to die off---

But now this... Not again...
          wahts even worse is when people use them in CS clan games... Really sucks to lose a leaque to a bunch of cheaters.

Comment

I don't suppose that punkbuster can detect this?
            Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Apparently, Punkbuster can detect if Asus/NVidia drivers are in use, but cant differentiate between normal and cheat drivers.
              I say ban all NVidia players, full stop
              Athlon XP-64/3200, 1gb PC3200, 512mb Radeon X1950Pro AGP, Dell 2005fwp, Logitech G5, IBM model M.

Comment

Asus releases 'Cheat' video drivers - the B@$^*%DS!!

Hacks and cheats in online games are lame enough, but come on! A major manufacturer releasing deliberate cheat drivers? Its not April 1st again already is it?

http://www.theregister.co.uk/content/50/18870.html

"The drivers, which allow players to see through walls, were first announced in July last year and were immediately condemned by players and gaming organisations.

At the time, ASUS boasted: "There are three special weapons for ASUS VGA cards' users -- Transparent View, Wireframe View, and Extra Light. If you do not have an ASUS VGA card -- be careful! Never compete in the 3D games with anyone who has an ASUS VGA card. Because the only result is to loose (sic)." "
                Athlon XP-64/3200, 1gb PC3200, 512mb Radeon X1950Pro AGP, Dell 2005fwp, Logitech G5, IBM model M.

Comment

Lame.

I was in a game the other night with a guy using an aimbot. He would win then start talking trash. Everyone KNEW he was cheating, but it gave him some kind of superiority thing I guess. I checked out his stats and out of 1,500 kills this week over 1,300 of them were headshots with the sniper rifle (the rest were with the enforcer!). Unfortunately I saw that he hung out on my favorite server all the time. Well, I shot off a quick note to the server admin, and guess what? He banned his butt (by IP, not name)!

MUAAAAAHAHAHAH!!!

Cheaters SUCK!!!!!!!

(The artist formerly known as Kindness!)

Comment

http://forums.murc.ws/ubb/Forum4/HTML/004955.html
                    chuck
                    Chuck
                    秋音的爸爸

Comment

It really sucks when you play CS when someone is using those drivers. They get a rifle and shoot you no matter where you are.

]@/\/\/\/\|Ø\0©|<
                      “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
                      –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

There is a new poll on Asus's site regarding these very drivers. Please go vote on it and tell them how they are screwing up the entire online gaming community by allowing cheat drivers.

http://www.asus.com.tw/products/seethrough_1.asp#debate
                        Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

People, figure it out.. This sort of thing happens regardless of what we do. People can hack the game, hack their own drivers, build aimbots, etc etc etc.

And I hate to be the one to tell you this, but it will never be fixed. As long as you put faith in the client and the client binaries can be modified, cheating will happen. Even with checksumming and signing, you still have to put enough process in the hands of the client that they can fake it or just plain work around it.

Cheaters happen. And its not like the dissemination of cheats will ever stop either. Cheating has to be accepted as a part of the game and dilligence must be maintained by both developer and server administrator alike.

Comment

Hey, it gets better too!!!

Quoted from punkbuster's main page:

Violation #9952 will indicate that the user has multiple different OpenGL Drivers loaded into memory. While this will not always necessarily indicate the presence of a "wallhack cheat", there is no reason for an honest player to need multiple OpenGL Drivers loaded into memory while playing online.

Punkbuster is an anti-cheat method that I hope never catches on seriously. Why in the name of god would I want someone dictating what I can and can't do with my computer? They're talking about screwing over users for absolutely NO REASON besides having 2 OpenGL drivers (heaven forbid someone owns 2 dissimilar video cards).

Not only that, it prevents perfectly legit things like model skinning in Half Life and more. Please, for the love of god, don't support this anti-cheating nonsense because the only thing it is turning into is a witch hunt. They'll go after you just for your brand loyalty:

Due to the ease at which the hacking / cheating community can now use various wall hacks, PunkBuster is going to soon amend its policy regarding Asus Drivers and Wallhacks. All Asus Drivers will cause a Violation.

Read that? All Asus drivers. Wow. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go play on a server with no punkbuster, and you know something, I probably won't run into any cheaters. I run into one maybe every week. I think people are blowing this totally out of scale.

Comment

Oy.. Last post I promise. Pulled this beauty from their FAQ:

Simply put, if you are one of the vast majority of honest people who just install a game and run it, then you have absolutely nothing to worry about.

Now, how many people around here do a little more then install a product and use it? Do you overclock? Tweak your video card settings for a little extra speed? Have a custom skin in Half Life? One of those is already a Violation in PB. How long before the others are? I can see it now:

"Users that have nonstandard MHz measurements are gaining an unfair advantage to honest, fun-loving gamers. Honest gamers would never resort to that sort of thing!"

Should I keep going?

P.S. PB also sucks for the same reason that antivirus software sucks: Latest version always needed. And if the server runs the latest version, you have to as well. And they're averaging 2 releases a week at this point.. That's not a waste of your time, I swear it.

Comment

Working...
                              X