Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Enterprise: Scott Bakula assumes the mantle of the luckiest actor in the world.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Enterprise: Scott Bakula assumes the mantle of the luckiest actor in the world.

I just made my "once every seven years" visit to alt.startrek. The folks there seem to be thrilled with the choice of Bakula as the new Star Trek captain. I was wondering how people here felt about it.

Paul
    paulcs@speakeasy.net

More info, please?

I assume that since Scott was chosen as the newest captain, that there's a new series in the works?

If so, I really couldn't give an opinion one way or the other until I see how he does at it. After all, I wouldn't have thought I'd enjoy seeing a woman playing a captain on Star Trek, but the last season or so of Voyager has proved me wrong.

Yeesh, and I thought Voyager was it for now.. (not complaining, as I'm a trekkie to some extent too).

------------------
    System specs:
    AMD T-Bird 1.33 (o.c. to 1.5Ghz)
    Asus A7M266
    256MB Crucial PC2100 DDR RAM
    Promise Fastrak 100 EIDE Raid controller running
    2x IBM DTLA 60GB 7200 RPM UDMA 100 hdd, RAID 0 array
    "..so much for subtlety.."

System specs:
    Gainward Ti4600
    AMD Athlon XP2100+ (o.c. to 1845MHz)

Comment

Ah, StarTrek X, right?

I wouldn't like to see Scott as the captain of whatever he might be captain of.
      Scott brings too much of Quantum Leap back, so I'll be looking for Al & Ziggy at every episode

Edit: for all sort of trekkies there's always www.startrek.com

Jord.

[This message has been edited by Jorden (edited 18 May 2001).]
      Jordâ„¢

Comment

Erm.. forgive my ignorance, but could you please post a picture off that "Sctaoo Bakula" here and list some roles he's played in the past? I don't seem to know him.

And yeah, give more info as to whether they plan on a new star trek series and how it will be, where it will take place, and so on

AZ
        There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

for AZ...

If you forget the hat, the 2nd top pic on the left is the best

Jord.
          Jordâ„¢

Comment

Series 5, AKA 'Enterprise' will be set in pre-Star Fleet and Federation days, right after first contact with the Vulcans. The SS (not USS) Enterprise will be captained by Bakula, and tell the story of how the federation came to be.

Looking forward to it...I was always a Quantum Leap fan, and think Bakula would make a good captain....
            Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Moderator fight

"Set in the 22nd century, nearly 150 years before James T. Kirk and only 100 years from now, Enterprise introduces us to the pioneering days of space exploration, when interstellar travel is in its infancy, and a universe — and the unknown — portends both danger and awe," Nunan said. "Appropriately, the crew of Enterprise exhibits a sense of wonder as well as a little trepidation about the strange things and beings they will encounter. Being among the first to explore deep space, they will have to prove they are ready for life among the stars."

Source

Jord.
              Jordâ„¢

Comment

Things are moving very quickly. Just a few months ago, Paramont was claiming it would be a couple of years before the new series would be aired. Now it's scheduled for next season. For more details, here's the official link:

http://www.startrek.com/production/default.asp

Paul
                paulcs@speakeasy.net

Comment

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Regarding the interior of the new 22nd-century starship, Rush said, "The controls are more tactile, mechanical. The buttons ? you have to push them, I mean, they're not all touch-screens." He added </font>
                  This series will have a hard time being more advanced than our technology but at the same time inferior of that shown in TOS...

Worse will be the probablity that the writers can get the continuty corect..

It'l probably be 4 years before it shows up in any swedish channels..
                  If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

I don't know, I think Scott Bakula is a stupid kiddie series actor, I never liked the series he played in. Perhaps he will be different in this one, but I don't think so since otherwise they probably wouldn't hire him in the first place.

------------------
                    for me to poop on!

Comment

Working...
                    X