This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bongo Returns

Ok, anyone got some ideas on how to get at this rat ****? This is the SECOND time he has mass enlisted me in a hundred different mailing lists. Yahoo mail has been unresponsive (and they aren't his real ISP anyway). Ant, wanna give me his IP address so I can petition his REAL ISP to kick him off?

- Gurm

------------------
    Listen up, you primitive screwheads! See this? This is my BOOMSTICK! Etc. etc.
    The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
    If only life were as easy as you
    I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
    If only life were as easy as you
    I would still get screwed

One reason why to keep your email out of your profile unfortunatley.
    Tis a bit childish of him.
    Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Hey Gurm, why don't you take his ip from the email header?

Spazm
      P3-667@810 retail, Asus CUSL2-C, 2*128 mb PC-133(generic), G400DH 16mb, SBLive value, HollyWood+, 1*Realtek 8029(AS) and 1*Realtek 8039C, Quantum 30g, Pioneer DVD-115f

Comment

Don't that will help as Bongo isn't mailing directly rather subscribing everyone who argued with him with there address to mailing lists.
        Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
        Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Oh... ok, that really suck then...

I had this problem once... to solve it, i changed my primary email box and only gave a redirection to it now. So if theses emails start flowing in, i only have to kill the redirection and create a new one on an other name.

Spazm
          P3-667@810 retail, Asus CUSL2-C, 2*128 mb PC-133(generic), G400DH 16mb, SBLive value, HollyWood+, 1*Realtek 8029(AS) and 1*Realtek 8039C, Quantum 30g, Pioneer DVD-115f

Comment

If you know HIS email address, send him a little note - something that he'll really want to reply to. I'm sure you can think of something.
            Then you can get his IP address from the header, and the world is your mollusc of choice.
            Athlon XP-64/3200, 1gb PC3200, 512mb Radeon X1950Pro AGP, Dell 2005fwp, Logitech G5, IBM model M.

Comment

Problem with being bombed by bongo is that he knows your email addy already, so there's little you can do about that.

Problem with bongo though is his childish revenge. I haven't got a clue as to why I was targeted, as I have kept myself out of the rows he had with Joel. Might be because I'm a moderator on MURC that makes it legit for his feeling, as he has been banned on MURC. Anything MURC might therefor in his point of view be a legit target.

For us moderators it's useless to hide our email addy in preferences, for it's above every forum we moderate.

Besides, if I have to hide under a rock being scared he might hit me again, what's the use of coming here then? I might as well rip out my modem and never be on the internet anymore, because I'm so scared of another 3600 mails in my mailbox by this creep.

I do hope Ant will help us take care of this critter though.

Jord.
              Jordâ„¢

Comment

I already have his/her/its IP# from his/her/its postings here.

However, I am glad to say, I am 1000 times the adult he/she/it is, and will not retaliate at the juvenille level he/she/it is acting at.

Unfortunatly, this thread is the sort of thing his/her/it's childish mentality is hoping for. He/she/it wants recognition for his/her/its punile actions.

I suggest blocking the mails from the lists he/she/it is subscribing us to and not bringing it up here again, and he/she/it will get tired of his/her/it's juvenile actions going unnoticed...
                Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

I have to agree with Kruzin on this one and as such I am locking this thread. Let's just forget about it and move on.

Joel
                  Libertarian is still the way to go if we truly want a real change.

www.lp.org

System Specs: AMD XP2000+ @1.68GHz(12.5x133), ASUS A7V133-C, 512MB PC133, Matrox Parhelia 128MB, SB Live! 5.1.
                  Monitor: Cornerstone c1025 @ 1280x960 @85Hz.

Comment

Working...
                  X