Thanks, whoever did it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks, whoever did it

Some lowlife email bombed me with some 3600 emails, or at least the error messages from an email list of Win2000magazine.

I haven't got a clue who did it, bar my boss and my girlfriend, and maybe no-one here did it either, but at this moment my emailbox is out of order, because my ISP is removing all those messages for me.

With thanks.

Jord, very pissed off.
    Jordâ„¢

Just a wild guess.... Bongo???

http://forums.murc.ws/ubb/Forum9/HTML/001646.html
    If a kid asks where rain comes from, I think a cute thing to tell him is "God is crying." And if he asks why God is crying, another cute thing to tell him is "Probably because of something you did."

Comment

Joel and myself have been recieving those for 2 weeks now. I've blocked those addys out, so I am not getting them any more. I have mailed win2000mag several times about this, without reply.

My money is also on that very mature Bongo charactor. Since he didn't get the sympathy he wanted by e-mailing MURCers with his sob story after he was banned, apparently he is expanding his scope to include other targets...
      Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Why on Earth are you still allowing your email address to be seen by anyone on the forums? It's a simple setting in your Preferences.

You shouldn't be using your private main email address for board registrations either.

Better be safe than sorry.

Comment

Ah fds, but I never got a maxtroxusers mailbox from Ant, and I don't use hotmail that much

Plus my mail-addy is on top of the FAQs forums, so getting rid of my email in preferences doesn't help much

Besides, I wouldn't want to try to get rid of 3600 mails in hotmail myself, when my ISp can do it for me now. I even think I did a great job by reducing my mailbox earlier, back to 5Mb from 15Mb, for otherwise I would've had 15,000 of those stupid things in there

Jord.

[This message has been edited by Jorden (edited 14 May 2001).]
          Jordâ„¢

Comment

Working...
          X