All your laws are belong to us!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All your laws are belong to us!

<A HREF="http://www.uniontrib.com/news/uniontrib/sun/news/news_1n13own.html">This</A> is ridiculous.
    Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Kinda F'ed up eh? I have known about this for quite awhile as my dad is a building inspector. He is required to know all the current building/fire/electrical codes, and to learn them he has to pay dearly for the books. Luckily the city he works for picks up the tab, else he probably would have found a new job quite some time ago.

Comment

Actually it's worse than ridiculous! Im just happy that the law is public domain here in Denmark, else my law study would become more expensive.
      System:
      Asus A7V rev. 1.01p bios 1011
      AMD Thunderbird 800
      SBLive retail with liveware 3.0
      Matrox g400 MAX pd 6.51
      LG Flatron 795FT 17" monitor
      IBM 13.5 GB 7200 hdd
      Pioneer 106-s dvdrom
      WinME
      directx 8.0a
      384mb pc133

Comment

*SNORT*

America - land of opportunity
        they'll sell you anything
        'cause nothing here is free

Taken from: Youth Brigade, Happy Hour, All Style No Substance --- BTW, the song IS copyright protected

[Edit: And on a more serious side of things. While not knowing the law does not protect you from punishment, the law giving institute has to secure that everyone has *free* access to the law. Else the concerned part of the public (house builders in this case) can not be required to be informed, which nicely leads to the conclusion that the rule "no law, no crime" (even the acient Romans knew that) has no meaning for the judges mentioned in this article. Now one can argue what laws are for. Protection? Control? Tool of the weak? Of the strong? Apparently they are there to harass, what else can a law do that is not openly and freely available to all, to read, share and copy? Why bother to codify laws at all, if they are not freely available and are forbidden to be spread? This by the way is one of the often used (but partly flawed) criteria for totalitarian states. All i can say is that these judges have maybe a good understanding of property laws, but no common sense and, even worse, absolutely no understanding of democratic and liberal virtues. Shame on them.]

Regards

[This message has been edited by Six Of One (edited 14 May 2001).]

Comment

Working...
        X