Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Good god... Did I really read that correctly?!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good god... Did I really read that correctly?!?

I just got done reading the "Am I a bad american" thread.

It's amazing how I can agree with some of it and be thoroughly disgusted with the rest.

The official language? What happens in the next 50 years or so when caucasians are no longer the majority? Do we all learn Spanish?

Open your mind, folks. Generalizations like this are dangerous.

And the name calling? Whatever Bongo did, why continue to attack him?

I haven't been around much in the last year or so, but I used to be a very regular visitor/poster here. To come back and read some of the nonsense and personal attacks on the Soap Box, I'm not sure it makes sense to return.
    PIII 550@605
    IWill Motherboard VD133
    VIA Chipset
    512MB PC133 CAS2 Crucial
    G400 DH 32MB (6.51 Drivers)
    DirectX 8.0a
    SB Live! Value
    8x DVD (Toshiba)
    6x4x24 CDRW (Sony)
    Intel Pro/100+ NIC
    3Com CMX Cable Modem
    Optiquest V95 19"
    HP 812C Color Ink Jet
    Microtek flatbed scanner
    Intellimouse Explorer
    Surround Sound w/two subwoofers
    AND WAY TOO MANY GAMES!!!

That was mainly posted as a joke. The reason for all the big grin smilies. But for some reason bingo has this anti-American vendeta and seems to have a need to shout it out every chance he gets. He also now seems to have a personal vendeta with me and one of the other mods. It 's unfortunate that we have to deal with this kind of person.

Joel
    Libertarian is still the way to go if we truly want a real change.

www.lp.org

System Specs: AMD XP2000+ @1.68GHz(12.5x133), ASUS A7V133-C, 512MB PC133, Matrox Parhelia 128MB, SB Live! 5.1.
    Monitor: Cornerstone c1025 @ 1280x960 @85Hz.

Comment

Sorry, meant to post that it sounds like something Dennis Miller or Denis Leary would have in a stand-up routine... As satire, I enjoyed the post.

Anyway, my main point was with the name calling (which you did in your reply...) and that kind of thing.

If he is (or his posts are) anti-American, so what... Ant has the power to remove him, if he feels it's necessary.

You're a big proponent of free speech - isn't that the true test? You defend someone's right to say something that absolutely offends you? (yes, I know it's a private board, blah blah).

Personal attacks are a different thing altogether and should be dealt with professionally, not by calling someone Bunghole or Bingo...

And no, I'm not justifying anything he's said (I haven't read most of it).

/restart lurk-mode
      PIII 550@605
      IWill Motherboard VD133
      VIA Chipset
      512MB PC133 CAS2 Crucial
      G400 DH 32MB (6.51 Drivers)
      DirectX 8.0a
      SB Live! Value
      8x DVD (Toshiba)
      6x4x24 CDRW (Sony)
      Intel Pro/100+ NIC
      3Com CMX Cable Modem
      Optiquest V95 19"
      HP 812C Color Ink Jet
      Microtek flatbed scanner
      Intellimouse Explorer
      Surround Sound w/two subwoofers
      AND WAY TOO MANY GAMES!!!

Comment

You are probably right about the name calling and I probably should not have done that but sometimes we all get tried of dealing with this kind of crap and we loss it.

Joel

BTW There is more than one person who can do administrative things on this forum.
        Libertarian is still the way to go if we truly want a real change.

www.lp.org

System Specs: AMD XP2000+ @1.68GHz(12.5x133), ASUS A7V133-C, 512MB PC133, Matrox Parhelia 128MB, SB Live! 5.1.
        Monitor: Cornerstone c1025 @ 1280x960 @85Hz.

Comment

Ant asked us to tone it down a couple of weeks ago. It's his place. Without sounding too much like a suck up, it's not a lot to ask for, and I think we should respect his wishes.

Paul
          paulcs@speakeasy.net

Comment

Working...
          X