Dan Wood and 400 people more love us!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dan Wood and 400 people more love us!

I don´t know if this interview has already been referred to, but I read it and felt it would be nice to calm the MURC gamers down a little bit. Dan Wood of Matrox in http://www.electic.com/Reviews/Matro...1/index2.shtml

"The last thing I would say to our loyal fan base is that we are a quiet company but we have over 400 engineers devoted to cutting edge graphics research and we will continue to lead and bring innovative new products to market."

400 engineers, so it must be good...

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">We know that there are a lot of sophisticated graphics users on the market who know more than to judge a graphics card simply by its Quake3 score. The photo-editing professionals, the business desktop user, the financial professionals and those that care about cutting edge analog output quality know that we are the world leader in providing solutions.</font>
    So, uh, what if I'm not a business user?

I guess wanting Quake3 to run at more than 30 fps makes me a "Hard Core"" gamer! LOL!!!

Every time the "G" word came up there were no solid answers given. He kind of dances around the issue. Speaking about the business applications it is quite specific. Sounds like us gamers just got the boot. They are quite obviously focusing their attention on the business community.

Oh well, What's that GeForce web site again?

-edit- I just read it again and I still can't see what, in this interview, is supposed to "calm the MURC gamers down". 400 engineers working on a better tampon do me no good at all. Why? Because I am a man, and have no use for them. Get the point? If they are focusing on the business thing, more power to them. Just say so.

[This message has been edited by Kindness! (edited 02 May 2001).]

(The artist formerly known as Kindness!)

Comment

Multimedia...

While we can hope they increase all our FPSs, that's all it is A hope...for the moment anyway!

We can see their hints as to what their plans are (albeit slightly confusing with the eTV just out), the FPS gain should be there too, they just don't want to emphasise it! Possibly reasons might be that Matrox are always secretive , that they want to surprise everyone , or that they don't want to build people's hopes up

Guess we'll find out on June 14th!

P.
      Meet Jasmine.
      flickr.com/photos/pace3000

Comment

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Kindness!:
        So, uh, what if I'm not a business user?

I guess wanting Quake3 to run at more than 30 fps makes me a "Hard Core"" gamer! LOL!!!</font>
        I fully agree. Besides, Matrox always divides the market into two groups: "hardcore-gamers" and "professionals/bussiness-users". As if there wouldn't be anything in between - and guess what: this group they omitted actually is the largest one (the other have very specific needs or don't care AT ALL about gfx-cards as long as they're putting some text on their cheap crappy monitor...)

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">400 engineers working on a better tampon do me no good at all. Why? Because I am a man, and have no use for them. Get the point?</font>
        Be carefull! Otherwise the Matrox Security squad might show up at your home and make you learn some new uses for tampons

But we named the *dog* Indiana...
        My System
        2nd System (not for Windows lovers )
        German ATI-forum

Comment

Oh well, I guess I´m a believer...

Comment

Working...
          X