Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

bow down to matrox because they are godlike...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bow down to matrox because they are godlike...

...they managed to send my g400 back after over 13 weeks

thanks!

mfg
    wulfman
    "Perhaps they communicate by changing colour? Like those sea creatures .."
    "Lobsters?"
    "Really? I didn't know they did that."
    "Oh yes, red means help!"

...and thanks for the second head !

mfg
    wulfman
    "Lobsters?"

Comment

...and it only runs stable at agp 1x..

any other setting --> crash (cs, rune, 3dmark)

mfg
      wulfman
      "Lobsters?"

Comment

I love matrox cards they are so fat

Comment

Wulfman,

The problem might be your motherboard... have you tried your G400 in another one?

Comment

not yet - will try that asap

mfg
            wulfman
            "Lobsters?"

Comment

Sounds like a Via chipset on your motherboard?????

Paul
              "Never interfere with the enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself"

Comment

you can't compare (rotten) apples ( ) with peaches.

Comment

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Wulfman:
                  hey - how...

but the tnt I had as long as the g400 was in canada ran fine with agp 2x...

mfg
                  wulfman

I remember that my G200 was faster using AGP1x than a TNT using AGP2x.

Despite my nickname causing confusion, I am not female ...

ASRock Fatal1ty X79 Professional
                  Intel Core i7-3930K@4.3GHz
                  be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2
                  4x 8GB G.Skill TridentX PC3-19200U@CR1
                  2x MSI N670GTX PE OC (SLI)
                  OCZ Vertex 4 256GB
                  4x2TB Seagate Barracuda Green 5900.3 (2x4TB RAID0)
                  Super Flower Golden Green Modular 800W
                  Nanoxia Deep Silence 1
                  LG BH10LS38
                  LG DM2752D 27" 3D

Comment

Hmmm.... Never had a problem running my G400 at 2x in my VIA motherboard (KA7)

amish
                    Despite my nickname causing confusion, I have no religious affiliations.

Comment

The problem is the inconsistant yield Via has with their chipset Fabrication. Some people have nothing but problems and others have none at all.

It's not the Graphics Card or the Motherboard manufacturer that's at fault.

Paul
                      "Never interfere with the enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself"

Comment

Quothe the Raven:

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">SYMPTOMS

A Windows 2000-based computer may stop responding (hang) when you use an Accelerated
                        Graphics Port (AGP) program such as Ziff Davis 3D WinBench 2000. This behavior may occur more
                        frequently depending on the computer's processor, memory, and graphics configuration. This
                        problem is known to occur with Nvidia GeForce 256 and Matrox G400 video adapters on computers
                        with AMD Athlon processors. This issue is not specific to any particular video adapter type.

CAUSE

This behavior can occur if memory that is allocated by the video adapter driver is being corrupted.

RESOLUTION

WARNING: Using Registry Editor incorrectly can cause serious problems that may require you to
                        reinstall your operating system. Microsoft cannot guarantee that problems resulting from the
                        incorrect use of Registry Editor can be solved. Use Registry Editor at your own risk.

For information about how to edit the registry, view the "Changing Keys and Values" Help topic in
                        Registry Editor (Regedit.exe) or the "Add and Delete Information in the Registry" and "Edit Registry
                        Data" Help topics in Regedt32.exe. Note that you should back up the registry before you edit it. If
                        you are running Windows NT or Windows 2000, you should also update your Emergency Repair Disk
                        (ERD).

The following workaround for this issue prevents Memory Manager from using the processor's Page
                        Size Extension feature and may affect the performance of some programs, depending on the
                        paging behavior. This registry value also limits non-paged pool to a maximum of 128 megabytes
                        (MB) instead of 256 MB.

1.Start Registry Editor (Regedt32.exe).

2.Locate and click the following key in the registry:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Contro l\Session
                        Manager\Memory Management

3.On the Edit menu, click Add Value, and then add the following registry value:

Value name: LargePageMinimum
                        Data type: REG_DWORD
                        Radix: Hexadecimal
                        Data value: 0xffffffff

4.Quit Registry Editor.

5.Restart the computer.</font>
                        Jammrock
                        “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
                        –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

not using win2k...

but I think I found the solution...

in the bios something like "enable agp master 1 write" /\ " ... 1 read" was disabled...

it seems to be stable now... will do some additional tests (playing UT/CS )

thx everybody,
                          wulfman

[This message has been edited by Wulfman (edited 02 May 2001).]
                          "Lobsters?"

Comment

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">but the tnt I had as long as the g400 was in canada ran fine with agp 2x...</font>
                            There is a difference in the AGP modes that are being used.

nVidia uses DMA (direct memory access) whereas matrox uses DME (direct memory execution). And DME is more sensitive to motherboard noise (interference) than DMA.

Joel

Libertarian is still the way to go if we truly want a real change.

www.lp.org

System Specs: AMD XP2000+ @1.68GHz(12.5x133), ASUS A7V133-C, 512MB PC133, Matrox Parhelia 128MB, SB Live! 5.1.
                            Monitor: Cornerstone c1025 @ 1280x960 @85Hz.

Comment

My G400 works like a wonder at AGP 2x at 72 Mhz bus speed on my (don´t laugh) Intel Atlanta 440LX.

The G400 is a beautiful card, so we should only question its efficiency as a last resort.

Comment

Working...
                              X