ICQ numbers please, for the FAQs!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ICQ numbers please, for the FAQs!

Something that's been asked a couple of times already by others, but now goes for real, for the FAQs. Please post your ICQ numbers, if you want other MURCies to contact you, or they want to contact you, in an easy way.

Mine's still 9103941. I don't change much in there. My girlfriend, Holly's 43625376.

Add your latest or all-time's if you want to and I'll add this thread to the FAQs.

Thanks

Jord.
    Jordâ„¢

You are posting a who-is-who FAQ?
    Who is General Failiure and why is he reading my drive?
    ----------------------
    Powercolor Radeon 9700np, Asus A7N8X mobo bios ver. 1007UBER, AthlonXP2800+@3200+ (200 Mhz fsb, 2.2 Ghz) on TT Silent Storm, 2*256Mb Kingston HyperX PC3500 DDR-RAM, 19" Samsung 959NF monitor, Pioneer A04 DVD-RW, Two WD800 80 GB HDD's, IBM Deskstar 40 GB

Comment

Um, does everyone not have this in their profiles?

Anyway, if you want to contact me:
      MSN: pace3000
      Y!: pace4000
      AOL: -
      IRC: DALNET #murc

And there's always e-mail

P.
      Meet Jasmine.
      flickr.com/photos/pace3000

Comment

36962440 (although I doubt anyone would want the ICQ# of someone who would still be a mini if he only posted when he has something to say )

AZ
        There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

I'd like to second what Pace just pointed out, it's in my profile, if you are too damn lazy to go there and look it up, then I probably don't want to talk to you anyway.

Furthermore, I don't really want MY ICQ number in a FAQ!

Having said that, I don't even use it all that much. I use AIM, it's easier, it's not M$ or Yahoo, and I'd like to keep it that way. So, if anyone really wants to talk to me, my email is also in my profile and you can email me and ask me for my IM handle.

So, there's my .05$

Ian
          Primary System:
          MSI 745 Ultra, AMD 2400+ XP, 1024 MB Crucial PC2100 DDR SDRAM, Sapphire Radeon 9800 Pro, 3Com 3c905C NIC,
          120GB Seagate UDMA 100 HD, 60 GB Seagate UDMA 100 HD, Pioneer DVD 105S, BenQ 12x24x40 CDRW, SB Audigy OEM,
          Win XP, MS Intellimouse Optical, 17" Mag 720v2
          Seccondary System:
          Epox 7KXA BIOS 5/22, Athlon 650, 512 MB Crucial 7E PC133 SDRAM, Hercules Prophet 4500 Kyro II, SBLive Value,
          3Com 3c905B-TX NIC, 40 GB IBM UDMA 100 HD, 45X Acer CD-ROM,
          Win XP, MS Wheel Mouse Optical, 15" POS Monitor
          Tertiary system
          Offbrand PII Mobo, PII 350, 256MB PC100 SDRAM, 15GB UDMA66 7200RPM Maxtor HD, USRobotics 10/100 NIC, RedHat Linux 8.0
          Camera: Canon 10D DSLR, Canon 100-400L f4.5-5.6 IS USM, Canon 100 Macro USM Canon 28-135 f3.5-5.6 IS USM, Canon Speedlite 200E, tripod, bag, etc.

"Any sufficiently advanced technology will be indistinguishable from magic." --Arthur C. Clarke

Comment

Erm.. Spaz? Isn't AIM AOL/TimeWarner, and isn't Mirabilis and Nullsoft AOL/TimeWarner, too? *scratches head

AZ
            There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Well, going through all 7500+ profiles of the MURC to get the numbers (which some may not even have entered) is not exactly easy. But, honestly, I'd rather not have the numbers in a FAQ either. If I need to contact a MURCer, I'll just check his/her profile for number/e-mail address. I don't like using AIM. It's very annoying, while ICQ keeps quiet.

Comment

Well then, how's about everyone updates their profiles as well

Until Everybuddy gets ported to Win32, I'm going to be using MSN (and Y! on occasion). Or does anyone have a nice, simple chat app for Windows (that does MSN/Y!/AOL/ICQ and maybe IRC too!)? I've tried a lot of the guff around (MaxxChat/Bantu that I recall), and they're usually kind of crap.

But then I've never really used Everybuddy either, so maybe that's just as bad! (doesn't sound it though )

P.

Edit: Are modifications to UBB actually allowed? I'm just asking, as I think our Perl guru's would be able to do something like this (just search through the records for name, ICQ and email). If people want it to be kept private, then it won't be in their profile It's a fair bit of work though, but more elegant in the long run!

[This message has been edited by Pace (edited 11 April 2001).]
                Meet Jasmine.

Comment

Um, what I find most amazing is my previous FTL post
                  Meet Jasmine.

Comment

I asked, as people ask me on ICQ what the ICQ number of whoever was again, since they did a reformat or had a crash, and they lost their ICQ database.

Ian, I did stress a little that your ICQ number will only show up IF YOU WANT TO. If you don't want me to put your number in the FAQs, I won't.

Going through 7000+ membernames and their profiles isn't my love of a lifetime, not even when I can't sleep
                    Besides, even I don't have my ICQ number in my profile, and still some of you know how to find me

It's just for an easy lookup. If you want to keep your's private to friends and family only, you may. I won't bug you.

Jord.
                    Jordâ„¢

Comment

I think the UBB terms of use forbid you to modify the code.

Comment

Pace,
                        There was a program called A2Z Messenger, but they got snagged for using Everybuddy's GPL'ed code, and I don't know what they are doing now.

Also, there may be Jabber clients for Windows now. Jabber can relay to the other services.
                        Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

I'll contribute:

ICQ #: 46044319
                          Nick : "Aaron <cerb>"

Not that anyone would want to message anyone who is barely even a MURCer. :P

[This message has been edited by cerb (edited 12 April 2001).]
                          <i>Shampoo is better! I go on first and clean the hair!</i>

Athlon 700, K7V, 192Mb RAM, 32Mb G400 DH (v5.52), SBLive!, 26.4GB HDD, Win2k Pro, Actima 8xDVD, LG 32x4x4x CD-RW, CTX VL950T 19"

Comment

Hey all

But I have to put ICQ back on... and well... I am not smart and don't have a matrox card anymore (except for the ATHENA )

So... if you want... put me on... but I can't help you... LOL

Charles

------------------
                            Hang Low and Limber
                            AMD Phenom 9650, 8GB, 4x1TB, 2x22 DVD-RW, 2x9600GT, 23.6' ASUS, Vista Ultimate
                            AMD X2 7750, 4GB, 1x1TB 2x500, 1x22 DVD-RW, 1x8500GT, 22" Acer, OS X 10.5.8
                            Acer 6930G, T6400, 4GB, 500GB, 16", Vista Premium
                            Lenovo Ideapad S10e, 2GB, 500GB, 10", OS X 10.5.8

Comment

I am currently using Trillian.

It started life as a cute little IRC client, and support for various messaging systems was added to allow a one-window, low-resource-usage system.

Currently I'm logged into AIM, ICQ, MSN, Y!, and IRC, with half a dozen channels open, and it's using... 10760k. Not bad, considering MIRC alone would use that much, and each messenger added a few megs to the mix.

Anyhow, it's still very beta - but the developers are super-responsive. Check it out at:

http://www.ceruleanstudios.com

And lastly, if you REALLY want to get in touch with me...

AIM: Gurm42
                              MSN: Gurm42@hotmail.com
                              Y!: Gurm42
                              IRC: Gurm on DALNet, op on #murc and #winbeta

- Gurm

------------------
                              Listen up, you primitive screwheads! See this? This is my BOOMSTICK! Etc. etc.
                              The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
                              If only life were as easy as you
                              I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
                              If only life were as easy as you
                              I would still get screwed

Comment

Working...
                              X