MURC member 7700, come forward please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MURC member 7700, come forward please

We want to congratulate you on your fine taste in fori. For your great taste in initiative. For your great taste in videocard.

We might have a present ready for you

Who oh who is member 7700?

Jord.
    Jordâ„¢

why is 7700 an interesting number?

8000, 10000, 7777 - but why 7700??

mfg
    wulfman
    "Perhaps they communicate by changing colour? Like those sea creatures .."
    "Lobsters?"
    "Really? I didn't know they did that."
    "Oh yes, red means help!"

Comment

Why would 8000, 10000 be an interesting number? I saw just before I posted this that we had 7700 members...

I could replace it by asking every one of the 7700 members to post here, to say hi, but the MURC would break down then

Jord.
      Jordâ„¢

Comment

Well it's 7701 now anyway

Comment

7700 makes me think of the ASUS GayFart 2! Yuck!
          According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Comment

Guru, wasn't it an Ati 770 Viper?
            Jordâ„¢

Comment

You're confused with two other cards, apparently, Jord. ATI did not make the Viper 770, Diamond did, and it didn't use an nVidiot Gay Fart 2 chip, but a TNT2 Ultra. (Thanks for inventing the Geforce, nVidiot guys.. it's much easier to think up joke names to replace that one )

Here is the offensive card..

EDIT: Due to the truely offensive nature of the following picture it has been reduced to it's URL form. Be warned that this is not for those with a weak stomach.

http://www.asus.com.tw/products/Addo...d/7700pack.jpg

ACK!! It's so offensive! I expect Joel will yank it very quickly!

Anyhow, 7700 members is awesome! I didn't realize we had that many. Makes me feel special to be #25 or so..

------------------
              Kind Regards,

KvH

[This message has been edited by Joel (edited 21 April 2001).]

Comment

Nooooooo my eyes are hurting!

BTW How come the pic is so blurry?
                According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Comment

I think you need to be wearing those special anti-radiation glasses it shows there. Didn't you get a pair with your card? You may already have damaged your eyesight and brain stem if you have been using a GeFart2 without this protection.

If anyone remembers MaxHeadroom and the original plot, it goes something like that. They were investigating people whose heads exploded from watching something called "blipverts." These were TV commercials which crammed all the information from a normal commercial into one which lasted only three seconds, short enough so that the viewer would be unable to change channels before the advertising information had been delivered to the brain. Problem was, some people had lazy minds, and experienced the cranial equivalent of a heart attack. You see, a similar problem occurs with the GeForce2 card, which necessitates wearing those special radiation proof glasses. The phenomenon has no name, but damage can occur to the brain if one views the blurry 2340 frame per second performance of this amazing supercard without some form of eye protection.

Remember.. game safely!

Comment

Comment

Thanks KvH for setting me straight. A question about that picture though, is it a normal fan on that card, or a concrete mixer?

Jord.
                      Jordâ„¢

Comment

Talkin' bout concrete mixers, the new ATI Radeon SE must be bullet-proof:
                        http://www.digit-life.com/newsimages/se1.jpg

Comment

Working...
                        X