Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My New Motherboard Comes with Cartoon Cut-outs!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My New Motherboard Comes with Cartoon Cut-outs!

As if the space ships on the top of the box weren't enough, my new MSI K7T266 Pro comes with some sort of futuristic/sci-fi themed cut-out and assemble calendar (I think!) thing. I haven't quite figured it out yet. They look like space motor cycles.

The CEO of MSI must be some sort of Trekkie/Anime fanboy.

Not that that's a bad thing.

Paul
    paulcs@speakeasy.net

Are you sure they're cut-outs? Perhaps they might be something else?

Comment

Well, they're cardboard. You actually push them out. They have tabs, so there's some assembly required.

Looks like too much work.

Paul
      paulcs@speakeasy.net

Comment

Maybe it's that new Matrox card! Hmm...G800 LEGO? Was that the name? Just piece it together and you add the features you want. Hopefully you got the Render Nude in the package.

Comment

Such a deal! Nothing like that came with my ASUS A7M266. Box is pretty plain actually.
          MSI K7D Master L, Water Cooled, All SCSI
          Modded XP2000's @ 1800 (12.5 x 144 FSB)
          512MB regular Crucial PC2100
          Matrox P
          X15 36-LP Cheetahs In RAID 0
          LianLiPC70

Comment

I got my A7M266 today as well. (I'm just swimming in motherboards.) No cardboard motorcycles. No spaceships. No paperdolls. No nutty cables. It did come with two IDE cables, however, which is more than I've seen in a while, a USB hub, and the signature Asus flying horse sticker.

The MSI box was filled with stuff, including a "Geared by MSI" case sticker with a bunch of gears on it. It was like opening a big box of Cracker Jacks.

Those stickers must be very important to people. So many companies included them. I now have stickers from Intel, AMD, Asus, MSI, Addtronics, and Antec. (Matrox used to have stickers, but I can't find mine.) The stickers for Antec cases say "Antec Outside."

Paul
            paulcs@speakeasy.net

Comment

Swimming in motherboards, eh? Sounds stressful. Like which one do I do try first?

Glad you reminded me, I did get the ASUS sticker too. But one cable is ATA66/100 and the other is ATA33.

My PC is sticker delete though. Just like the race car days, no cash, parts or service, no advertisement.

[This message has been edited by SCompRacer (edited 13 April 2001).]
              MSI K7D Master L, Water Cooled, All SCSI
              Modded XP2000's @ 1800 (12.5 x 144 FSB)
              512MB regular Crucial PC2100
              Matrox P
              X15 36-LP Cheetahs In RAID 0
              LianLiPC70

Comment

My Abit mobos came with nothing! Just cables, manual, drivers and mobo!

Comment

Not even a jiffy bag, LS? Or some plastic wrapped around it? An old liquor box? Nothing?

Jord.
                  Jordâ„¢

Comment

No. In fact, my Abit mobos did not have shrink-wrap on them. Both were from reliable sources though, so I don't think they were modified. But I bought one back in '99 and the other in 2000. I guess mobo manufacturers didn't put anything interesting in their mobo packages back then.

Comment

My Asus CUSL2 came with

-Blue Box
                      -Manual
                      -Sticker
                      -2 Cables (ATA 100/66, ATA 33)
                      -1 USB internal hub w/3 Ports
                      -Cables for Hub
                      -Extra Serial Port Hub (otherwise you loose one to onboard video)
                      -Overclockers Handbook
                      -Some Penuts
                      -A small trial bottle of Cheese Whiz
                      -A book of cupons for walmart
                      -A penthouse magazine slightly sticky

I got it from a friend

Oh maybe not the last five.. (I did buy it at a store) there were some other things.. but nothing cool like cardboard cutouts.

------------------
                      Hang Low and Limber

[This message has been edited by cbman (edited 13 April 2001).]
                      AMD Phenom 9650, 8GB, 4x1TB, 2x22 DVD-RW, 2x9600GT, 23.6' ASUS, Vista Ultimate
                      AMD X2 7750, 4GB, 1x1TB 2x500, 1x22 DVD-RW, 1x8500GT, 22" Acer, OS X 10.5.8
                      Acer 6930G, T6400, 4GB, 500GB, 16", Vista Premium
                      Lenovo Ideapad S10e, 2GB, 500GB, 10", OS X 10.5.8

Comment

Working...
                      X