• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A true firewall :)

Got this from ArsTechnicA.

http://www.techweb.com/wire/story/TWB20010409S0012

Dave

------------------
    What if the Hokey Pokey is what it's all about?
    Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Heh heh - very good! I might suggest it to our network admin

------------------
    Cheers,
    Steve

"Life is what we make of it, yet most of us just fake"

Comment

OMG, 4 years! Who said Novell was crap? 4 years, stable, without maintenance, probably on something like a Pentium 1 or even a 486.

Starting manual reboot now... hand me this beer

Comment

And it being 4 years ago that was also probally version 3.1 - 3.2. Shows how stable that version of Netware was. I see a commerical in this server's future.

Joel
        Libertarian is still the way to go if we truly want a real change.

www.lp.org

System Specs: AMD XP2000+ @1.68GHz(12.5x133), ASUS A7V133-C, 512MB PC133, Matrox Parhelia 128MB, SB Live! 5.1.
        Monitor: Cornerstone c1025 @ 1280x960 @85Hz.

Comment

Reminds me of something a customer I visited once said to me. He was running Netware 4.11 and wanted to replace it with NT, I asked him what the reason was, had he been having trouble with his Netware Server. He replied no, it just sits in the corner and works without anyone having to touch it. The problem was as they only needed to do things to it, like create new users, clear print jobs etc. once in a blue moon they could never remember how to do it whereas he had NT on his laptop and was always having to do something to it so he had no problem remembering how.
          When you own your own business you only have to work half a day. You can do anything you want with the other twelve hours.

Comment

Ha! What sublime irony. Mister Softee seems to make more money the worse they get. We ran Netware at my computer lab in college and I remember thinking what great software it was, which made me wonder why they weren't more successful. I guess there you have your answer.. they were so good they more or less obsoleted the network manager, so network managers used Microsoft to give themselves a reason to exist. Bill Gates HAS to be satan, the way he appeals to the worst in people's natures.

Comment

Working...
            X