Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Microsoft being contraproductive again...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Microsoft being contraproductive again...

or is it counterproductive????
    anyway, they dont seem to be willing (or able) to integrate bluetooth support into windows xp. this is rather sad, since i could really use some of those devices.
    good thing about this is: if we have to use non-microsoft drivers for xp-bluetooth, that is another reason not to upgrade and boycot their new screwed up registration system, since that would be a major advantage compared to me/2000.

edit: make the thumbs-up a thumbs-down, oops

edit2: and with outlook 2002 you can only download *.zip attachements...

[This message has been edited by Topha (edited 09 April 2001).]

[This message has been edited by Topha (edited 09 April 2001).]

The thing is, bluetooth is turning out to be very little of what it is hyped to be. The hardware has plenty of its own problems that will prevent the adoption, IMHO.
    Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Sounds mmore like Contraception to me.....
      "Never interfere with the enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself"

Comment

Eh Wombat, isn't it a bit like win95 and USB?
        Someday, we'll look back on this, laugh nervously and change the subject.

Comment

No impact, it's different. USB is a better protocol, and people are following the standard. Bluetooth just doesn't seem to work well. That's compounded by the fact that different manufacturer's bluetooth devices rarely work with each other.
          Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Actually there's an override for the security setting in Outlook 2002/XP.

Want it? E-mail me.

- Gurm

------------------
            Listen up, you primitive screwheads! See this? This is my BOOMSTICK! Etc. etc.
            The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
            If only life were as easy as you
            I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
            If only life were as easy as you
            I would still get screwed

Comment

well, they wont support usb 2.0 either, they chose firewire...

Comment

and six months ago everbody was saying how stupid Microsoft were for following USB when Firewire was oh so much better.
                Sometimes I feel that MS listen, act and then still can't win!
                It cost one penny to cross, or one hundred gold pieces if you had a billygoat.
                Trolls might not be quick thinkers but they don't forget in a hurry, either

Comment

Working...
                X