nVidia on Kyro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nVidia on Kyro

I'm posting this in the Soap Box as I'm very much in doubt about the authenticity of the link.

It is supposedly a confidential nVidia presentation concerning Kyro 2.

http://www.geocities.com/johnrreynol.../the_truth.htm

If this is the real deal (no, not Evander ) it just goes to show (again) what kind of company nVidia really is, if not it's a pretty good hoax.
    "That's right fool! Now I'm a flying talking donkey!"

P4 2.66, 512 mb PC2700, ATI Radeon 9000, Seagate Barracude IV 80 gb, Acer Al 732 17" TFT

To see the PDF this is refering to...

http://www.geocities.com/johnrreynol...ia_on_kyro.pdf

WARNING It's a meg+.
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

It looks quite unprofessional, and is most likely a fake made by some blind NVidiot.

I like the rebuttal to it though. hehehe

Comment

Yes, it looks highly unprofessional. The caliber of the presentation is in line with what I would expect from a teenager. (no offence to anybody).

b
        Why do today what you can put off until tomorrow? But why put off until tomorrow what you can put off altogether?

Comment

What do you mean by "highly unprofessional" ?
          If you mean the text, that I can comprehend... But if you take a look at nVidia's real tech presentations, like, say, this one, the likeness is there...

Comment

I haven't had the chance to fully read the one you just posted, but at first glance it looks more like what I would expect.

Keep in mind this is all just my opinion....but the reasons I say it's 'highly unprofessional' are as follows:
            * the word choice is often poor
            * there is no real flow to it (however the link you posted seems to suffer from this problem)
            * it lacks structural consistency (not sure how well the one you posted fares on this either)
            * others that I can't think of at the moment

Then again, it could have easily been written by a cough PR cough person.

I don't know, but it certainly doesn't strike me as a well constructed presentation, especially considering the significance of the subject at hand, and the supposed purpose of the presentation.

Hope that clarifies what I mean. My views do not in any way preclude its being a true Nvidia presentation, though.

b
            Why do today what you can put off until tomorrow? But why put off until tomorrow what you can put off altogether?

Comment

i dont like nvidia but it must be a fake. think youre an employee. you write this text. everyone laughs at you. now youre not nvidia staff anyore.

Comment

Spawn hasn't been following some of the stuff that nVidia has pulled in the last year or so, has he?

Rags

Comment

spoogenet: I have to agree with that, although I'm not a native English speaker the presentation seems inconsistent and the language is kinda clumsy.

I also don't see what point nVIDIA would have in telling the OEMs what a hardware site has to say about the product.

Well, using Adobe Acrobat Reader we find out that the "author" field for this document reads "rtaylor", whoever that is. Not stating that this couldn't be faked, too...

Comment

rtaylor could very well be Roy Taylor, Nvidia's European director of sales.

It's all over the Register now:

http://www.theregister.co.uk/content/3/18092.html

I'm very interested in seeing how nVidia will respond to this.
                    "That's right fool! Now I'm a flying talking donkey!"

P4 2.66, 512 mb PC2700, ATI Radeon 9000, Seagate Barracude IV 80 gb, Acer Al 732 17" TFT

Comment

Must be a fake... although i dislike nVidia, no successful company that wants to stay successful would fall back to such tones... unless they're so successful they don't need to talk bad about the competition anymore.. and nVidia is clearly not in that position..

AZ
                      There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

az, do you have _any_ idea what nVidia did already? I guess not...

Let's say it wouldn't surprise me at all if this presentation is a nVidia genuine one

Comment

I was just about to say that. Though the language might be poor, It's very nVidia-like.
                          Someday, we'll look back on this, laugh nervously and change the subject.

Comment

Well, I don't really know what they were doing, just heard some rumours that they "stole" engineers from matrox... don't hesitate to fill me in on the details though..

i just wanted to say that i can't believe it's genuine because it's so blatantly obvious, offending, and simply plain wrong...

AZ
                            There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Working...
                            X