Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do we have FAQs, when no-one points newbies to them?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why do we have FAQs, when no-one points newbies to them?

Look, I don't mind making the FAQs, and updating them, adding them to the Archives even. But I do see a lot of newbies posting questions that are answered in the FAQs already, and other oldies answering them in length.

If you want me to quit the FAQs, please say so. I'll tell Ant to delete my moderatorship for the FAQs Forum the same day you vote me off, and probably start off as a mini again.

The Forum Survival Guide is pointed at a lot, even by Kruzin (a lot of compliments there, Kruzin ), but I don't see many pointings to the FAQs or the Archives, although Greebe tries

So I might ask the MURCers with more than 100 posts after their name. How many times did YOU use the FAQs and/or Archives? Do you even know they exist?

Jord.
    Jordâ„¢

Well, I've pointed to them on occasion, and contributed too But I'll try and do more FAQ lovin' for ma wee Jord

P.<font color=#f7f7f7 size="-7">

[This message has been edited by Pace (edited 01 April 2001).]
    Meet Jasmine.
    flickr.com/photos/pace3000

Comment

Hmm. Yeah, I find myself typing out full responses rather than pointing to the FAQs. However, most responses I type aren't found in the FAQs. For example, in the FAQ, you don't find "Why doesn't anyone ever point to the FAQs?"

Comment

Jord don't panic The new site design will be pointing to the FAQs from the front page, we do appreciate you really

Comment

We have a "FAQ" forum?

jim

PS: I'll be sure to point a little more, we don't want to lose your much needed help
          System 1:
          AMD 1.4 AYJHA-Y factory unlocked @ 1656 with Thermalright SK6 and 7k Delta fan
          Epox 8K7A
          2x256mb Micron pc-2100 DDR
          an AGP port all warmed up and ready to be stuffed full of Parhelia II+
          SBLIVE 5.1
          Maxtor 40g 7,200 @ ATA-100
          IBM 40GB 7,200 @ ATA-100
          Pinnacle DV Plus firewire
          3Com Hardware Modem
          Teac 20/10/40 burner
          Antec 350w power supply in a Colorcase 303usb Stainless

New system: Under development

Comment

We like them to squirm a bit first....LOL

Paul
            "Never interfere with the enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself"

Comment

Actually, I've found them quite useful for myself on occasion, but must admit that I don't always think of pointing others to them...
              My rig: P4 3.0GHz; Asus P4C800E; 1GB DDR 3200; AIW Radeon 9800 Pro; WD 120GB SATA; Plextor DVD burner; Liteon DVD reader; Audigy 2ZS; Logitech Z560 4.1; NEC FE991SB

Kid's rig: AMD XP 1600+; 512MB ram; GF4 Ti4600; Maxtor 60GB; Plextor CD burner; Sony DVD reader; SB Live; Cambridge 4.1 speakers; NEC FE991SB

Other kid's rig: Athlon 2700+; ASUS A7N8X mobo; 512MB PC3200 ram; GF4 Ti4600; Maxtor 80GB; SB Live; Cambridge 2.1; NEC FE991SB; Liteon DVD-ROM

Comment

Yeh we got to have something to write about to show our knowledge otherwise newbies would think we know nothing.
                Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
                Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

why don't we point to the FAQ? very simple we suppose that they've looked in the FAQ already, and couldn't find it... then we rather speak from our knowledge than searching if WE can find it for them instead.

Comment

LOL, Paul! Treat the newbies like a younger brother!
                    MSI K7D Master L, Water Cooled, All SCSI
                    Modded XP2000's @ 1800 (12.5 x 144 FSB)
                    512MB regular Crucial PC2100
                    Matrox P
                    X15 36-LP Cheetahs In RAID 0
                    LianLiPC70

Comment

Thanks guys.

An addition though: if you look around the FAQs and Archives and don't see what you were looking for, but it has been handled to a good conclusion in the thread you found, please send me an email about it. I'll add it to the FAQs then

(Hey, I don't read every thread out there, and still miss a lot of stuff happening in Alternate Lifestyles and Video Desktop... I want to help them as well )

Jord.
                      Jordâ„¢

Comment

Working...
                      X