Not working much sucks.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not working much sucks.

Hey all... just venting some steam... I work for a company that makes directories and magazines.. and I am part time right now and I am only getting 3-6 shifts a month if I am lucky... there isn't much in the way of tech jobs up in rural ontario... it sucks because my awesome education put me in the hole so far and I can barely (With lots of begging and support from my parents) afford rent let alone the 1000 + a month I need for payments ...

as a result I am about 3 months behind in everything and it feels like I am going nowhere... (which is kinda true )

When I started in October I was working 21 days in a month (for october and november) and now nothing... (Barely)

I am just pissed off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am sure lots of you have been in similar situations... so I am sure you will understand...

I had an Idea for my own line of t-shirts... its called morbidwear... the slogan goes something like

LIFE SUCKS... THEN YOU DIE... DEAL WITH IT

How many of you want a t-shirt... 1200 bucks each and I will even pay the shipping and handling...

Joking on that last part... but I tell ya... stress is a real killer...

Just my two cents. (Which is about all I have in my pockets right now... )

------------------
    Hang Low and Limber

[This message has been edited by cbman (edited 28 March 2001).]
    AMD Phenom 9650, 8GB, 4x1TB, 2x22 DVD-RW, 2x9600GT, 23.6' ASUS, Vista Ultimate
    AMD X2 7750, 4GB, 1x1TB 2x500, 1x22 DVD-RW, 1x8500GT, 22" Acer, OS X 10.5.8
    Acer 6930G, T6400, 4GB, 500GB, 16", Vista Premium
    Lenovo Ideapad S10e, 2GB, 500GB, 10", OS X 10.5.8

I can remember being out of work for 6 months and that started doing my head in. The worst thing was the game I had to play with social sercurity. You must apply for jobs even if it's just shovling shit for 1.00 per hour. I spent most of the time applying for Jobs I couldn't get unfourtunatley some of these replied asking for an interview. One of them came up in london and social security wouldn't pay the travel expsenses. The costs would have set me back around a £100. About two weeks dole money if you didn't eat or drink. A lot of the jobs were so poorly paid you'd struggle to pay a basic rent. In the end by sticking things out and messing up the odd interview (Low paid ones) I got what I wanted.
    Other annoying things you applied for jobs and they wrote back you're too old (30 years old!!!) you're not worked at all (Okay what I've been doing for the last 16 years?) or you got no reply at all.
    Also the other alarming thing that started to effect me was the fear of working. In the end I got offered a job that I knew part of me wanted. The other side of me said no don't take it. Anyway I bullied my mother into lending me money for a car becuase there wasn't any public transport suitable. Got a car on higher purchase despite not having a present job and started a job three days later.
    Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

I have the opportunity to start a small franchise business with a computer store that is looking to expand... they can't afford the start up captial cost right now but there may be some government programs for small business startups that I am eligible for. If I qualify for one of those and wish to give it a try the company will give me access to their distributors, and I would be under their approved business plan... the only thing being that I use their name for the store and follow their policies. The only big problem will be establishing a customer base before opening a store to be able to judge profitability and the best location. (It means commuting to the area of interest which is about a 2 Hr there and back trip)

------------------
      Hang Low and Limber

[This message has been edited by cbman (edited 30 March 2001).]

Comment

where in rural Ontario r u?
        near tbay?

------------------
        MSI K7TPro2 Duron 750@900
        256Ram G400DH32mb
        Pioneer SCSI 16xDVD
        DFI NFIIUltra 400
        756Ram ATI 9550 256mem
        Lite-On DVDR/RW/DL
        Windows XP pro
        msn messenger id: gchisel
        Be aware that a halo has to fall only a few inches to be a noose

Comment

No... in a place called Port Elgin... its 3 hours North of Toronto on the Shores of Lake Huron.

------------------
          Hang Low and Limber

Comment

Hey cbman, I imagine that it can be difficult for you right now, but "life sucks" may not be completely true.

Life can give you some nice surprises too, and I sincerely hope (despite not knowing you) that you have one waiting for you around the corner...

Maybe a good opportunity is just what you need to turn the tables...

Comment

Thanks for the support... I know life doesn't suck.. its if you waste your time believing that your life sucks that you truly are in trouble... when life gets hard.. you get some KY and ease your way through (sorry from other post ) I hope for a break too.. the hardest thing I think for most people is the waiting... its hard to just sit and not worry but that is what hobbies are for...

------------------
              Hang Low and Limber

Comment

Working...
              X