Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is sad..

http://web14.compaq.com/falco/detail.asp?FAQnum=FAQ2859

Compaq must have some pretty low expectations of their users.

I saw it an I couldn´t believe it. I mean, it was supposed to be a joke, right? And it is on the "frequently asked questions" on Compaq? Gee, I wonder the average IQ of a Compaq user...

Comment

but how many times have we all helped a friend who has just bought their first pc and been asked 'what's the any key?'

After many years I've learnt not to laugh too loudly
      Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

Comment

Me and my brother owns a computer store and be always put a "any key" sticker on our client keyboard to prevent this incident to occur. We had clients that called us back because their mouse wasn't working, they just forgot to remove the plastic on it. Reminds me of an other that called us because his monitor wasn't working.... he called back an hour after to tell us he repaired it.... a week later his wife came to buy some cardridge.... she told us that the monitor wasn't plugged in the wall. Some people are just dumb.

Spazm
        P3-667@810 retail, Asus CUSL2-C, 2*128 mb PC-133(generic), G400DH 16mb, SBLive value, HollyWood+, 1*Realtek 8029(AS) and 1*Realtek 8039C, Quantum 30g, Pioneer DVD-115f

Comment

Just goes to show you don't know what you don't know...
          MSI K7D Master L, Water Cooled, All SCSI
          Modded XP2000's @ 1800 (12.5 x 144 FSB)
          512MB regular Crucial PC2100
          Matrox P
          X15 36-LP Cheetahs In RAID 0
          LianLiPC70

Comment

Some people just freeze up when something is new to them or it is supposedly used by smart people. Lack of self confidence usually. If that had been a TV instead of a COMPUTER monitor, he woulda plugged it in and turned it on.. no worries!

Comment

Looks like Compaq marketing decided to pull that page LS. Bummer, was too funny
              "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Liquid Snake:
                http://web14.compaq.com/falco/detail.asp?FAQnum=FAQ2859

Compaq must have some pretty low expectations of their users.
                </font>
                funny as it seems, I think it's more of a language problem.

imagine you had no clue about the English language at all ... how can you possibly have a chance to properly distinguish between escape, tab, del, shift, caps lock, alt, delete, ctrl, any, alt gr, return, enter, space ...
                and the imagine you even had no clue about computers, but for some reasons you are bound to live with those '**#§$&%$%'/*'!* MoFos !

I think you get the drift and I really don't want to bash your party, since I also had a real good laugh about it when I first read about it, but sometimes there's maybe a not so funny reason behind it.

Cheers,
                Maggi
                Despite my nickname causing confusion, I am not female ...

ASRock Fatal1ty X79 Professional
                Intel Core i7-3930K@4.3GHz
                be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2
                4x 8GB G.Skill TridentX PC3-19200U@CR1
                2x MSI N670GTX PE OC (SLI)
                OCZ Vertex 4 256GB
                4x2TB Seagate Barracuda Green 5900.3 (2x4TB RAID0)
                Super Flower Golden Green Modular 800W
                Nanoxia Deep Silence 1
                LG BH10LS38
                LG DM2752D 27" 3D

Comment

Working...
                X