Enough About Beer, What About Wine?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Enough About Beer, What About Wine?

I don't drink much at all anymore, but at one time I had a fondness for wine. Did some research, tried this and that till I found ones I liked.

Two of my favorites were a Reisling and Spätburgunder from Germany, but I can't remember the region. Probably got old labels at home yet somewhere.

I also remember a couple of wine "drunk" occasions that seemed worst than any other type of alcohol drunks I ever had.
    MSI K7D Master L, Water Cooled, All SCSI
    Modded XP2000's @ 1800 (12.5 x 144 FSB)
    512MB regular Crucial PC2100
    Matrox P
    X15 36-LP Cheetahs In RAID 0
    LianLiPC70

I am quite fond of a dry Reisling....although i will drink pretty much anything.

Oh to be a student!
    The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

A nice Saint-Emilion really makes my day

[edit]Blast that keybord![/edit]

[This message has been edited by CHHAS (edited 24 March 2001).]
      "That's right fool! Now I'm a flying talking donkey!"

P4 2.66, 512 mb PC2700, ATI Radeon 9000, Seagate Barracude IV 80 gb, Acer Al 732 17" TFT

Comment

Jacobs Creek do a nice Austrailian wine...
        The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

German Riesling is certainly one of the best white wines you can get, but of course there is a lot of great stuff in other European countries as well. Personally, I'm very fond of French sorts such as Sancerre, Chablis or Pouilly-Fume. The Fendant from Switzerland is also fine, and there is some really good wine in Austria as well (Grüner Veltliner). Needless to say that Italy has got a lot of excellent wines, too.
          I haven't tried many wines from overseas yet, but the ones from South Africa that I've had were mostly pretty good. Any comments on American or Australian wine, anybody?

I'll leave the comments on red wine to other people because I prefer white wine, but if you ever happen to come to South Germany (that's where I come from) and you have the chance to try a Lemberger, don't miss it!

Comment

Indeed, what about wine!

I've just started trying to cultivate a taste for wine recently.

So far I've established at least this much.

I don't like red wines.

I do like white wines.

Stunning observations no?

Anyway, I've found that I really like Pinot Gritio's and Chardonnay's.

As far a regional stuff goes, there are actually some very good California wines that can be found. I've also tried a few Australian wines and I must say that they can make a quite nice white. I haven't had the chance to try any 'good' European wines yet unfortunately, but I'll have to remedy that soon.

So, there's my rather uneducated opinion on the matter for the moment.

Ian
            Primary System:
            MSI 745 Ultra, AMD 2400+ XP, 1024 MB Crucial PC2100 DDR SDRAM, Sapphire Radeon 9800 Pro, 3Com 3c905C NIC,
            120GB Seagate UDMA 100 HD, 60 GB Seagate UDMA 100 HD, Pioneer DVD 105S, BenQ 12x24x40 CDRW, SB Audigy OEM,
            Win XP, MS Intellimouse Optical, 17" Mag 720v2
            Seccondary System:
            Epox 7KXA BIOS 5/22, Athlon 650, 512 MB Crucial 7E PC133 SDRAM, Hercules Prophet 4500 Kyro II, SBLive Value,
            3Com 3c905B-TX NIC, 40 GB IBM UDMA 100 HD, 45X Acer CD-ROM,
            Win XP, MS Wheel Mouse Optical, 15" POS Monitor
            Tertiary system
            Offbrand PII Mobo, PII 350, 256MB PC100 SDRAM, 15GB UDMA66 7200RPM Maxtor HD, USRobotics 10/100 NIC, RedHat Linux 8.0
            Camera: Canon 10D DSLR, Canon 100-400L f4.5-5.6 IS USM, Canon 100 Macro USM Canon 28-135 f3.5-5.6 IS USM, Canon Speedlite 200E, tripod, bag, etc.

"Any sufficiently advanced technology will be indistinguishable from magic." --Arthur C. Clarke

Comment

I like red wine.
              My favorites:
              1, Bolla Bardolino - This is sort of an "ideal" red wine.
              2, Any cheap Australian Sheraz - These are great and can be had for a song.
              Only the Australian will do. Don't bother with the French.
              Chuck

PS For Steve & Maggi. The Sheraz is realy cheap. Perfect to lubricate Haigs jaw muscles. Or, I guess you could get free beer from an IRQ.
              Chuck
              秋音的爸爸

Comment

Working...
              X