Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maggi, tell me what a good German beer is !?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maggi, tell me what a good German beer is !?

It's for a mutual friend

Jord.
    Jordâ„¢

Hey Jord,

there are too many to make a judge, but look at http://www.bier.de/ to get an idea ...

(and turn up your speakers before entering that site)

Despite my nickname causing confusion, I am not female ...

ASRock Fatal1ty X79 Professional
    Intel Core i7-3930K@4.3GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2
    4x 8GB G.Skill TridentX PC3-19200U@CR1
    2x MSI N670GTX PE OC (SLI)
    OCZ Vertex 4 256GB
    4x2TB Seagate Barracuda Green 5900.3 (2x4TB RAID0)
    Super Flower Golden Green Modular 800W
    Nanoxia Deep Silence 1
    LG BH10LS38
    LG DM2752D 27" 3D

Comment

I must say that I really like BitBurger Pils (Bitte ein Bit )

Comment

Jord, this is a trick question, right?

What kind of beer does your friend like?

Germans make the best beer around, ranging from chewy and syrupy all the way to finely crafted weasel-piss (Pilsner) - or should that be Veesel-piss? Hehe.

- Gurm

------------------
        Listen up, you primitive screwheads! See this? This is my BOOMSTICK! Etc. etc.
        The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
        If only life were as easy as you
        I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
        If only life were as easy as you
        I would still get screwed

Comment

No trick question, Jason.
          But by the time I arrive at CeBit, the mutual friend must've found out which beer he likes, and which not

Jord.
          Jordâ„¢

Comment

Easy there. Don't trash real American beer until you've tried it. Just about anything of ours that you could get over there would probably also suck ass.
            Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

no hard feelings, Wombat, but I tasted several american beers when I was for six weeks in Illinois ...

compared to german beer, they all were like dish-water.

OCZ Vertex 4 256GB
              Nanoxia Deep Silence 1
              LG BH10LS38
              LG DM2752D 27" 3D

Comment

Dog Food is a better description

Most taste like that anyhow.

I do like Michelob though.

Rags

Comment

Thanx Rags, trying to recall that name gave me a real headache ...

Michelob was the best beer I had in the states, the others I can remember were Coors, Coors light, Budweiser and Bud light, but to be honest, the so called Budweiser that is available in the US, is nowhere near the original Budweiser Pilsener ... wonder why ?

OCZ Vertex 4 256GB
                  Nanoxia Deep Silence 1
                  LG BH10LS38
                  LG DM2752D 27" 3D

Comment

btw, I was there during a student exchange and when my host came over to Germany, I offered him to taste real beer, which was just some regular Lüneburger Pilsener (LüPi for insiders ... ) and after he finished his first bottle, he nearly dropped down and started chanting dirty songs !!!

Then I offered a 2nd bottle, he drank it and felt asleep ...

At the end of his stay over here, he was able to manage 5 bottles without getting really drunk, he got just a bit tipsy - must have been the hard training I gave to him.

LOL

OCZ Vertex 4 256GB
                    Nanoxia Deep Silence 1
                    LG BH10LS38
                    LG DM2752D 27" 3D

Comment

someone from texas once said warsteiner is the best beer he can get where he lives... it's a pils, quite süffig (sweet and "thick", for lack of a better word)... but since tastes differ, also try jever... this is quite the opposite, since it's a herb (a little bitter and sour) pils... (as far as big labels go..)

i hope i've not made myself too many enemys with this post

just taste, german beer is quite good usually, so it shouldn't be too hard to find the right taste for you (and we still have lager )... oh, and try czech beer when you get there

AZ
                      There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

czech beer... hmmmmmm
                        Pilsener Urquel

Comment

"Would you like beer, or Michelob?" That seems to imply Michelob is not beer, something that I agree with.

Bud, Coors, Miller, Natural, Pabst, Old Milwaukee are some of the worst beers you can get, and also some of the oldest American breweries. Plank Road's Icehouse isn't too bad for a keg, but still shit compared to most American micr-brews.

If you've only had the national beers, then you haven't tried American beer yet. Those are all piss, they look like it and taste like it as well. The micro-brews are the real American beers and are far superior to the big national brews.

I must admit, though, that all American beers I've had are still piss compared to the German beers. My favorite that I remember was at a little place in Berchtesgaden.

b
                          Why do today what you can put off until tomorrow? But why put off until tomorrow what you can put off altogether?

Comment

Michelob? yuk! I'd rather stare at the sun with binoculars. I hate to say it Maggi, but if you thought Michelob was good, you are really missing out on good american beer. Why don't you try Sierra-Nevada pale Ale, or Full Sail Pale Ale.

Dave

------------------
                            What if the Hokey Pokey is what it's all about?
                            Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

Due to my long beer drinking experience (started with Hansa Export, K45 et al. and i am still not through) and lots of relocations i can say one thing for sure:

Small local breweries make the best beer, wether it be Pils, Kölsch, Helles, Weizen or whatever. But if you have to present a "typical" german beer to a friend you probably have to go for a Pils. This kind of beer is available in whole Germany. And everywhere else Becks anyone?

If you can get your hands on Kölsch, try Gaffel, which is IMHO the best widely available Kölsch. If you happen top be in Cologne, find and visit the Päffgen brewery, Kölsch the way it was meant to be. For Helles go for Hofmühlen of Eichstätt, Bavaria. For Weizen go for Hofmühlen also (except the dark ones, try Schneider, also Bavaria). For Pils, well, try Jever or Flensburger - or Becks, it is rather good, despite its proliferation. Mainly because Becks hasn't shrinked from developing an amazing brewing technology that warrants long duetime without chemicals to extend lifespan.

Ahh, enough of that. I go now, fetching a beer. Who said "kein Bier vor Vier"? I don't care.

Regards

Comment

Working...
                              X