Anyone familiar with MS Excel??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone familiar with MS Excel??

Is anyone out there familiar with MS Excel? I need to make a certain chart but I don't succeed in doing so.
    I have three columns with values and I simply want a 3D-chart in which each column is projected on an axis.
    When using the "surface" chart type one axis is a projection of the row numbering in Excel rather than one of the columns.

Maybe a short example will clarify this:
    <tt>
    #....A.....B.....C
    2...-1.....0.....20
    3....0....-1.....23
    </tt>
    ((A,B) is a pair of prediction errors and C is the frequency of that pair in a pair of frames of a 3D-image.)

What I want is that A is projected on the X-axis, B on the Y-axis and C on the Z-axis. What happens however, is that the numbering # is projected on an axis and A and B are both projected on the same axis.
    Does anyone know how I can make this work?

[This message has been edited by IcedEarth (edited 24 March 2001).]
    KT7 Turbo Ltd. Ed. ; Athlon XP 1600+ @ 1470 MHz (140*10.5); 512MB Apacer SDRAM ; G400 MAX ; Iiyama VM Pro410

try just marking (don't know the english word, hope you know what i mean... use your mouse to make the cells blue ) rows a, b and c with your mouse, then click to create a chart...

AZ
    There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

That's what I do

I select columns A, B and C, then I click the chart icon and select the "surface" type chart (since that's how my chart should look like) but somehow Excel also puts the row-numbering in the chart so that A and B are projected on a single axis....

In the example above, I want the X and Y axises to go from -1 to 1 and the Z axis from 0 to 1250. But what happens is that X goes from 1 to 5 (i.e. the row numbering), Y from -1 to 1 (both the range of A and B) and Z from 0 to 1250.

[This message has been edited by IcedEarth (edited 24 March 2001).]
      KT7 Turbo Ltd. Ed. ; Athlon XP 1600+ @ 1470 MHz (140*10.5); 512MB Apacer SDRAM ; G400 MAX ; Iiyama VM Pro410

Comment

i understand your problem and can reproduce it... shame is i can't seem to solve it

AZ
        There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Thanks for taking the time

Anyone else??

Comment

Working...
          X