Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Making fun of other people (because of their web site)...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Making fun of other people (because of their web site)...

This thread's aimed at people who think that making fun of that guy from Tokyo, or Peter Pan isn't very nice... you (americans) need to watch our (UK's) TV show: "So....Graham Norton" !

One of the things he does every show is find some weird person (every one I've seen from the United States...) and somehow gets their phone number and phones them up and ridicules them on air! It's very funny, and that Peter Pan website would be a prime candidate (if it hasn't already been on his show)

------------------
    Cheers,
    Steve

"Life is what we make of it, yet most of us just fake"

EDIT: I'm a bit thick and don't know the english language....

[This message has been edited by SteveC (edited 19 March 2001).]

Hey Steve, did you notice that some of the members that were making fun of both guys were from your part of the world? Don't start with trying to push this off as a Nationality problem.

I agree though, that those(you know who you are) making fun of both should be ashamed.

Rags

Comment

No Rags - what I'm saying is that we in this country do find this funny.... I think that if someone puts up a site showing himself of as Peter Pan is made to be made fun of!

------------------
      Cheers,
      Steve

Comment

You may have a point to say "Hey that's funny", but to call some guy a "loser" because he's a bit different is entirely different.

Comment

Unfortunately Steve the person who responded back as PeterPan is a member of these forums. Not only did they make fun of this guy they also impersonate him just to make more fun of him. And just because it's done on a TV show in the UK does not make it right. I'm sure there are things about yourself that we can all make fun about, but is it right?

Joel
          Libertarian is still the way to go if we truly want a real change.

www.lp.org

System Specs: AMD XP2000+ @1.68GHz(12.5x133), ASUS A7V133-C, 512MB PC133, Matrox Parhelia 128MB, SB Live! 5.1.
          Monitor: Cornerstone c1025 @ 1280x960 @85Hz.

Comment

Yeah I'm sure that people can make fun of me if they wanted to... And I'm not saying it's right - I'm not condoning it at all! I'm just saying that a TV show shown elsewhere in the world shows a tv celebrity doing the same thing, so people may think it's OK to poke fun at people, and so maybe you shouldn'y pass judgement on them.

OK, there was no need for someone to register as PeterPan (as in the forum's T&C's - you're not allowed to post anything that's "...knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, ..." and so they have broken the T&C's.

I know it's not big and it's not clever to make fun of people, but everyone does it! I'm sure everyone has, sometime in the past too. I agree that it's fine to have a laugh cos it's not the norm, but i also agree that you have to draw the line somewhere.

Anyway, but don't you think that most of these sites are made up anyway? Or made up by someone to make fun of someone else?

------------------
            Cheers,
            Steve

Comment

I am as guilty as the next guy about poking a little fun at some people, but sometimes people can cross the line. Calling them names such as "faggot", "loser", "****ole", etc. is crossing the line. Name calling is the lowest level in the humor spectrum IMO.

Rags

Comment

U're absolutly right, D**K HEAD

Comment

That Peter pan dude was pretty funny. Still, I wouldn't consider him a looser. Just eccentric one.
                  Someday, we'll look back on this, laugh nervously and change the subject.

Comment

Well since I started both threads (the guy from Tokyo, and the Peter Pan guy) I should probably get in my two cents here.

I really can´t believe that people get so offended by this. I posted these things because I thouhgt they were good for a laugh. I find them funny/odd or call it what you will. There was never any intend to make neither of these guys the object of ridicule.

Is it ok to have a laugh at somebody elses expence... H*LL yes it is! If you ever laughed at Leno or Lettermans monolog, or a gay-joke, or a fat-joke or anything where a single person (famous or not) or a group of people, is made fun of, then how can get so pissed off by this?

So is it going over the line calling people loosers, because they don´t fit your description of normal? Yes I would say it is, and somebody did cross the line! But I can´t see anything wrong with saying "hey... have a look at this guy, he is to funny"!

Just my opinion on this!
                    If a kid asks where rain comes from, I think a cute thing to tell him is "God is crying." And if he asks why God is crying, another cute thing to tell him is "Probably because of something you did."

Comment

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">
                      ...because making fun of someone can be considered insulting...
                      </font>
                      SteveC, that's USA for j00! Everything has to be "correct".
                      Someday, we'll look back on this, laugh nervously and change the subject.

Comment

Making fun of people is stupid.

Laughing for ridicular situations is ok.

Insulting people is...insulting.

------------------
                        Italian Guy, Bad English

D'ya want an Italian version?
                        Sat on a pile of deads, I enjoy my oysters.

Comment

Working...
                        X