Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G-What??

There seems to be some confusion about the name of TCFKAG
    now it says its called g550. where is the g500?
    why take g550 if g800 sounds sooo much better (or is it just because thats what ive been waiting for??)??
    as ant asked in some thread, and as i did in some other thread as well: what happened to mystique and millenium?? they still got the marvel name.
    but that doesnt really matter as long as they dont call it condor II.

Uhm, haven't you read??

It's all fake!! One of the MURCers made that page.
    KT7 Turbo Ltd. Ed. ; Athlon XP 1600+ @ 1470 MHz (140*10.5); 512MB Apacer SDRAM ; G400 MAX ; Iiyama VM Pro410

Comment

Well, I suppose that a new card for the business desktop doesn't quite meet the specs for TCFKAG, so maybe it's better to name it G550. The two cards after that could of course be G650 (another business-oriented card) and G800 (a serious graphics accelerator for games & such)...

Comment

i know its fake, but the fact that everyone is starting to talk about it means that something is going on (i hope).
        maybe its just because of gdc and cebit, but who knows (of those who can tell us anyway).
        did that 550 thing turn out to be fake yet?

Comment

I like the fact that whoever owns the g800.com domain has a liking for Pink Floyd

Dave

------------------
          What if the Hokey Pokey is what it's all about?
          Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

isnt tyler durden the guy from fight club?
            seems to have a sense of humor

gave me a @g800.com e-mail address

Comment

Got a few more here...

Maybe they're adding some more as interest increases, just to pull our legs further still...

-phillip eats too many prunes.
              -All your base are belong to us. (You knew that had to be in here somwhere.)
              -550 doesn't equal 800. Wait and see.
              -How's that local sports team?

Might be more still, but the refresh button has been abused enough for today...

Fred

Comment

and one more (i was bored )

-Special thanks to MK.

hehe, nice work MK

Comment

Here is a list of all comments hidden in the source code of the www.g800.com page:

- Who is John Galt? Who is Keyser Soze? Who is Tyler Durden?
                  - This page does not exist.
                  - Whose word are you going to take? There's ours -- or the 23 million triangles knocking on your door.
                  - Spooky, isn't it?
                  - Don't you have better things to do than reading HTML source?
                  - Texture, displacement, and lighting. Oh my.
                  - I don't know what you're talking about. There's nothing to see here. Move along, move along.
                  - I bet you wonder how many comments there are.
                  - Isn't the boomerang joke funny?
                  - !Aliasing
                  - Congratulations. You've just discovered the secret message. Please send your answer to old Pink, care of the Funny Farm.

If i forgot any, please let me know

edit: I think the whole web is starting to make fun of us

[This message has been edited by Topha (edited 16 March 2001).]

Comment

Is the 550 designation because it is only 2.5 times faster than my G200?

-Dilly
                    Better to let one think you are a fool, than speak and prove it

Comment

Damn, I forgot that the condor isn't just an ugly stupid overgrown carrion eater on the verge of extinction, it also looks like it has a big red goiter! EW!

Comment

Topha, Say, What....G, What
                        MSI K7D Master L, Water Cooled, All SCSI
                        Modded XP2000's @ 1800 (12.5 x 144 FSB)
                        512MB regular Crucial PC2100
                        Matrox P
                        X15 36-LP Cheetahs In RAID 0
                        LianLiPC70

Comment

Dilitante 1, it´s 2.75 times faster. Do not downgrade Matrox future products (hihihi)

Comment

There are 16 hidden comments in total, and there won't be any more added. You've managed to get all of them listed on this thread...

-Chris

[This message has been edited by tsi (edited 19 March 2001).]

Comment

Working...
                            X