New Movies!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Movies!

This is a thread, not for a vague "you gotta see these 80 movies" listing, but for recently released (or recently discovered) movies that are worth the money.

I'll start with "Enemy at the Gates". Jude Law, Joseph Fiennes, Rachel Weisz, Ed Harris. WOW. Holy good movie. Well worth the $8 per person, see it on the big screen!

Also, for you Anime fans, I've become an Escaflowne addict. I'm waiting with bated breath for disc 5 to appear later this month.

- Gurm

------------------
    Listen up, you primitive screwheads! See this? This is my BOOMSTICK! Etc. etc.
    The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
    If only life were as easy as you
    I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
    If only life were as easy as you
    I would still get screwed

Gurm,

HAHAHAHAHA!!!! I told you Escaflowne was an excellent show! I have the whole series on VHS (bought it when anime on DVD was still a dream). It keeps getting better and better! When the Escaflowne movie hits in April/May, go ahead and watch it. The only things that carry over between the series and the movie are character names and very basic plot points. The movie is good, but not as involving and cool as the series. It's like crossing Akira, Ninja Scroll and the Escaflowne series.

Enemy at the Gates was really good, except one scene. The 'what the hell are they doing?' sex scene. That urked me. I thought the movie was great. If I were in charge I would have put more Kruschev and Major Kearnes in there though.

As for DVD news. Jackie Chan's Legend of the Drunken Master (aka Drunken Master II) is out. This is one of Jackie Chan's best movies ever made, a must see for everyone!

Jammrock
    “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
    –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Working...
    X