No announcement yet.

In case you haven't seen it already...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In case you haven't seen it already...

There was a cat thread a while ago... Let's see what you make of this...

www.cat-scan.com

heee hee how funny is that!? Hmmm might try it with my gold fish....

------------------
    Cheers,
    Steve

"Life is what we make of it, yet most of us just fake"

Comment

I've enjoyed that site for awhile. What's even more funny is that that site is run by CliffyB, of Unreal Tournament fame. I believe he's lead level designer? I'm sure someone can correct me here.

John

Comment

Have you seen this one?

http://www.bonsaikitten.com/

I just love what you can do to cats

Ali

Comment

Ufffffff.... Ali: Scanning kittens is more or less OK, but stuffing them in a jar and making jokes about it is not my idea of fun...

Comment

reported to the enforcement dept. of ASPCA

I really don't care if this is a hoax or not. The encouragement it gives sick minds is enough crime to make the perpetrators of this website beyond any forgiveness.

you don't want to know what I would do to these guys..

Comment

Hogwash. Just because something encourages something doesn't make it wrong

Rags

Comment

Matt, I'd hope you would re-examine that point-of-view in a more practical light. As long as what is being encouraged is not sadistic and criminal, I might agree.

Comment

Scanning a kitty cat with your scanner is not criminal. They even tell you to NOT put his eyes into the light. My cat loves to sit on my warm television, and doesn't care if his pic is taken, so I don't see what the hoopla is.

Now, the idea that the website could be held accountable for someone harming their cat, well that sounds like something a liberal would say

Now, the other site, well I haven't looked at it yet, but I withhold judgement on it until I read it.

Rags

[This message has been edited by Rags (edited 13 March 2001).]

Comment

Not referring to the cat-scan site, Matt. I found that pretty innocuous, and it was, unless it encouraged the sadists who did the other site. And now that I see the style involved, it may well have. That's a shame, since I doubt the cat-scan guy would approve in any way.

Comment

I don't think we can blame other people for our own actions personally. But it is a shame when people take things the wrong way and do something horrible because of it.

That other site has to be a joke, I can't believe anyone would do that to a living being.

Rags

Comment

Anyone who can't tell that bonsaikitten is a joke shouldn't be allowed out in public unsupervised. You can only protect people from their own stupidity up to a point.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Just when you think you've made something idiot-proof, the universe goes and invents a better idiot.</font>
                        Words to live by.

------------------
                        Andrew
                        Carpe Cerevisi
                        Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine. -- Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

People are capable of all sorts of utterly monstrous things. That is the problem I have with the site. A 12yo bully with an IQ of 60 or so might see this and think it was a cool thing to do. There really are people this thoughtless and cruel, sad but true. (you might have caught the reference there.. there's an example for you.)

Comment

I don't buy the idea that criminals are made because they had suggestions. I believe criminals are made because they didn't have the proper guidance and suggestions from their authority figures in their early stages. Now, there are some exceptions, we have people who are mentally defunct, but we should not let these people go unsupervised.

Rags

[This message has been edited by Rags (edited 13 March 2001).]

Comment

I'm not trying to assess blame for anything. I am simply suggesting that, as a practical matter, this website has no other purpose than to give some very bad ideas (in a step-by-step format) to the thoughtless and cruel. (I really did not find it funny, and it is a twisted soul who would) Therefore it SHOULD be removed. Legally, there may be problems with that, but morally, I don't think anyone could disagree.

Comment

Working...
                              X