Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The local news just did a story on........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The local news just did a story on........

"ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US"

They just did a whole story on where it came from and why you are seeing it around lately! They even showed the whole sequence from the game that it came from ("Someone set us up the bomb" and all!). Could have knocked me over with a feather!

(The artist formerly known as Kindness!)

I'm not surprised, actually it's good to see it being covered. I can't understand half the documentation in the computer stuff I buy, because it's written in poorly translated pseudo-English. You'd think companies would care enough to hire decent translators.

But I guess it's a sign of the times. I'm having the same trouble even in my own neighborhood (Sunnyvale CA). It's over half Indian and Asian now, and I often have trouble communicating. Last week we were in a restaurant and an Asian customer was trying to order a root beer float from a Mexican waiter, neither one spoke much English. After about five minutes it got to the point where the Asian guy was screaming "Froat! "FROAT!!" and the waiter was getting equally frustrated.

Comment

*ROFL

that's just funny.. i know it's a real problem, but it made me laugh nonetheless

btw i'm a half-korean (and i don't speak a word korean *lol)

AZ
      There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

In situations like that, give it some time and you'll probably start to see pidgins develop....

b
        Why do today what you can put off until tomorrow? But why put off until tomorrow what you can put off altogether?

Comment

Working...
        X