Marvel G400TV & Premiere 5.1 LE Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marvel G400TV & Premiere 5.1 LE Question

I have created a 30 second slide show consisting of 7 sill pics (jpeg) with dissolves between them.

My question, how do I copy it to video now?

Also, should it take 1 hour to render to an AVI file? (I have a PIII 500 with 128 RAM)

Anyone out there making slide shows have any pointers?

Thanks!

Printman,

If you create very short AVI:s of the individual pictures first, you can extend the playing time of those AVI:s, and make multiple copies of them on the time line, the overall rendering times will be a lot shorter.

Pertti

Comment

Hey Printamn,
      Do you have your G400TV and Adobe Premiere working in harmony? We are about to buy the card probably and plan to use it with Premiere but are not sure if it will work or how.

Comment

Cheezwiz,

Not yet. Will have to wait and see what kind of help I get here. Also, I am using Premiere LE which is a limited version (functional, just with fewer options).

Pertii,
        Would capturing short avi's render faster than capturing stills?

Comment

printman,

At least in MediaStudio only changes to the AVI:s will be rendered, so you can copy the same AVI clip into the timeline as many times as you like and only the relatively short transitions, that you might have placed there, get rendered.

I'll check if altering the playback speed was considered a "Change".

Pertti

Comment

I did some more testing. I think my problem was I was using a different codec when trying to export.
            However, when I choose to export using the Matrox MJPEG codec, it immediatly fails saying there is a codec problem.

Any ideas?

Comment

What was the exact message ?

Pertti

btw. changing the speed was considered a "Change".

Comment

I am not at home right now, but I will check tonight and let you know the exact message.

Thanks for your help!

Comment

Okay, the message when I try to export when using the Matrox codec is this...

Error ocured while making the movie.
                  Codec compression error.
                  This codec may be unable to to support the requested frame size, or there may be a hardware or memory problem.

I have a PIII500 with 128 Ram. I have changed the frame size and still get the error. Your help would be GREATLY appreciated!

Comment

What frame size are you using?

Ciao

Comment

I hav tried it using the 702x???, 640x480, and even smaller. It still gives the same error.

Comment

Printman,

The Matrox MJPEG supported frame sizes are 704x480, 352x480, 352x240 and 176x120 for NTSC, and 704x576, 352x576, 352x288 and 176x144 for PAL.

You cannot use any other frame sizes when using Matrox MJPEG to compress your video.

Comment

Pertti,

Stupid me, I just figured Premiere would know that and went with the numbers it plugged in for me. I will give it a go tonight and see if that clears up my problems.

Thank you very much for the help!

Comment

Tried it at lunch and WOO HOO! It worked!

Thanks again for everones help!

Comment

Working...
                            X