Entertainment?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Entertainment?

Hey, what do you all think about death-penalties being shown live for everyone to see?

I don't have the time to "hang" around to see it.
    seriously though, I don't believe in capital punishment so I wouldn't have any morbid interest or curosity in watching something like that!

Comment

Excellent deterrent. It should be REQUIRED to watch (for adults).

- Gurm

------------------
      Listen up, you primitive screwheads! See this? This is my BOOMSTICK! Etc. etc.
      The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
      If only life were as easy as you
      I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
      If only life were as easy as you
      I would still get screwed

Comment

Although I'm in favor of the death penalty, I see no reason for it to be displayed for public entertainment, and yes some people will consider it entertainment.
        "That's right fool! Now I'm a flying talking donkey!"

P4 2.66, 512 mb PC2700, ATI Radeon 9000, Seagate Barracude IV 80 gb, Acer Al 732 17" TFT

Comment

well I am against public executions just as much as against capital punishment in general: I think there are more cons than pros for capital punishment, with the most important one that it is irreversible. But I don't see why we should have a discussion about it, because I don't think anyone will change their mind just because of our little discussion here that will therefor cause more harm than good

Comment

an excellent deterrent?

You don't see Nascar drivers quitting the biz after what happened at Daytona do you?!

I know it's not the same thing, but if one does what they want to do, even the risks involved won't stop them!

It would be another "Jerry", cept that the profits could be used to reduce the overal cost of imprisonment... which is sicking thought in itself... GO Don Walsh GO!!! You're only teaching the smarter ones how not to get caught. D'oh!

and then there is this "War on drugs". That has to be the biggest waste of $$$ this country has ever known and it's end result is only to create a larger prison system for an ever increasing police state.

SO POLEEZE GIVE ME A BREAK! GEESH
            "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

I'm against public entertainment!

------------------
              Join the MURC SETI team! | SETI @ MURC

All extremists should be taken out and shot.
              According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Comment

hey, Guru, that's a contradiction! You're our public entertainment (as in you are always able to twist things in such a way that you provoke a lot of reactions from others)

[This message has been edited by dZeus (edited 23 February 2001).]

Comment

Guru you are the entertainment!
                  "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Not the pic from school again !

------------------
                    Join the MURC SETI team! | SETI @ MURC

All extremists should be taken out and shot.
                    According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Comment

Alright, I hope this won't turn into another overheated intercontinental liberals vs conservatives thing. There are Europeans here who I personally like very much who happen to exhibit some liberal tendencies, such as Maggi and Jorden, and then there are "others" (a particular person from CZ to whom remarks in another thread were likely being addressed, but those remarks got carried over to affect EVERYONE, which was most unfortunate, since Maggi and Jorden wound up answering for this EVERYONE.) Please, let's keep this civil, OK?

Kind Regards,

KvH

(An American who doesn't see why Europeans and Americans pointlessly bicker, especially since most of us Americans are really Europeans... Well, more pointless were two world wars of the last century where Anglo-Saxons (who were really mostly German) and Germans stupidly mass-murdered one another when some dumb political assasination in the Balkans got blown all out of proportion.. can't we learn anything from that idiocy??)

Comment

I favor capital punishment, but I think that making it public will risk the proper flow of justice even more than it is now.
                        The fact is, the mob wants blood, and they will push for it more than they will push to give a possibly innocent man a fair shake. And if someone finds a way to profit from execution? Oh dear.

Running Man anyone?
                        Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Very well put, Wombat. Good point. If it became some sort of spectator sport to put people to death, God save us from those greedy amoral bastards in hollywood!!

------------------
                          Kind Regards,

KvH

Comment

Nope can't go with Death penalties being shown live.
                            In this country they'll probably be frying the wrong person anyway. Thats if they ever did decide to go back to it.
                            Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
                            Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Working...
                            X