This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bush Jr.'s next move?

Okay, so Bush Jr. just took over the White House, and moved his furniture in there. I can see him there saying "That coffee table should go in the corner over there, oh and by the way, when did we last bomb Iraq? Let's do that now!"

Bush Jr. wants to go on from where Bush Sr. left of, or what? Does his dad whisper in his ear what to do?

"Hi dad, yeah, I just took over the White House... but errrm, now what?"
    'Bomb Baghdad, son'
    "Okay, I can do that"

Silly, but who says it isn't true?

Jord.
    Jordâ„¢

Spoken like someone who truly has no clue. Congratulations.

Rags

Comment

If you do have a clue, Matt, tell us.

As far as I have followed the news the past 3 weeks I was home, I've seen the new Government going for the missile-shield again (who needs that?), saying not to trust Russia - as they are selling their technology to other countries - (and then I think someone should look to himself first, but that aside)

What? They want a new Cold War?
      Whereas Russia was on speaking terms with the USA in the past, they are now quiting all channels. Ofcourse, you don't care too much about that, as the US is THE WORLD these days.

If anything bad comes from all of this, please let them direct one Nucleair Missile on Oosterhout, while I am home watching yet another re-run of Star Trek: TNG. At least I won't suffer that much then

Stupid Americans, as even Holly says these days.
      Jordâ„¢

Comment

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">I've seen the new Government going for the missile-shield again (who needs that?)</font>
        Retard statement number one. This has been under development since before Reagan was in office. There has been no speed up since GW has taken office. Just more publicity about it since it was a Republican publicized thing.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">saying not to trust Russia - as they are selling their technology to other countries </font>
        Retard statement number 2. Show me where GW has said this. You know this is false, don't be an idiot.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">and then I think someone should look to himself first, but that aside)</font>
        I agree start looking.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">What? They want a new Cold War?</font>
        Retard statement number 3. Back up this statement with some fact, rather than what you and holly just feel by the "seat of your pants".

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Whereas Russia was on speaking terms with the USA in the past, they are now quiting all channels. </font>
        What does this have to do with the new administration?

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Ofcourse, you don't care too much about that, as the US is THE WORLD these days. </font>
        Sure I do. That's why I voted for someone that would have some decent foreign policy. Clinton's administration has seriously degraded some of the most important strides that were made in the last twenty years.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">If anything bad comes from all of this</font>
        Did you forget to take your lithium this morning or something? If anything bad comes from all of what?

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Stupid Americans, as even Holly says these days. </font>
        Says more about you and Holly than about Americans.

Rags

Comment

Members of the new Bush administration have already called the ABM treaty "ancient history".
          This is not a good start.
          If we feel we can abrogate trieaties any time we want, what does our word as a nation mean?
          chuck
          Chuck
          秋音的爸爸

Comment

cjolley,

I have not seen that. Maybe you could post up some links, I would be interested in seeing what was said.

The only thing I have seen/heard on the ABM deal is that Bush is going to cut ADDITIONAL ABM's from America's defense, this is above and beyond what was required in the treaty, BTW.
            Now if there is going to be any changes made to the treaty, the US would have to talk to the nations involved and get their approval.

Rags

[This message has been edited by Rags (edited 17 February 2001).]

Comment

I got a couple of CNN messages:
              Russia, China and a number of European Union countries, including the UK and Germany, have all expressed reservations about the National Missile Defense (NMD) initiative.

To develop the system Washington would have to either rip up the 1972 Anti-Ballistic Missile Treaty -- which outlaws NMD -- or persuade Russia to accept alterations to the treaty.

Powell said: "We are going to consult with our allies to hear their concerns.

"But we are not going to be knocked off the track of moving in this direction as long as the technology points us in that direction."

In other words, as I read it: We'll hear what you have to say, but we'll go on with this no matter what you say...

Besides, it's National Defense... where does that leave us in Europe? To pay a lot more taxes over getting that Shield from the USA, if we want to have it for our own country. And that sucks big time.

That any country in the world has to ask his countrymen to pay up for a Defense Shield that never will be used is just bullshit. During the Cold War it could be right, but in these days, I think it's just bullshit and money used for nothing. Why can't your GW put all this money into your Health, Educational and other funds that lack money, Matt? And what about the research for something against AIDS or cancer?

It just sucks. But then again, it's the USA

[This message has been edited by Jorden (edited 17 February 2001).]
              Jordâ„¢

Comment

Everyone loves to knock America untill they need help. When there is a disaster somewhere in the world I see America spring into action immediately. Not only does the government send tons of money, man power, food, and equipment to help clean up natural disasters but the regular people get involved too. I put a $10 bill in a bucket (at a 7-11) to help out with the earthquakes in Central America just yesterday. Did I have to? No. Did I want to? Yes.

So you go ahead and say we suck or whatever you want. If I see a "NETHERLANDS RELIEF" bucket in the future I'll just walk on by.

By the way, if you are looking to CNN for an unbiased story about our current president you are looking in the wrong place. CNN stands for:
                "Clinton News Network"

[This message has been edited by Kindness! (edited 17 February 2001).]

(The artist formerly known as Kindness!)

Comment

Okay, so you are saying that with China having the Bomb, and the mideast countries having the Bomb as well, there is no need for any defense? I would say that the cold war is small in comparison. Now we have many little countries with their own ideas on what to do with the bomb with their own agenda on things to come.

As far as your comments about AIDS and cancer research suffering because of what GW is doing, well that is insane. He has not changed or lowered any funding for any of these such programs. He has not increased funding to our military as of yet, so what is your point? You have no point. You are just practicing mindless rambling that has no backup. You fail to mention what other countries have done to break the treaties that you are holding up as proof. Selective ideals? I think so.

Rags

Comment

NETHERLANDS RELIEF bucket----

I thought there was an official name for my toilet.

Casey

Comment

Jorden, CNN is mind-controlled by the Time news people. If AOL bought Time-Warner, then why is Time-Warner's CEO now the CEO of the whole company? Because Gerald Levin wants to tell you and everyone else how to think. Looks like he's done a pretty good job. By the way, Christianity is evil. Better not disagree or the Time-Warner Zionist Big Brother Disinformation Machine will crush your puny skull under their collective thumb.

Comment

Kindness, The Netherlands are neither in an earthquake nor in a vulcano area. The only problem we have now and then is due to flooding, which we are by now insured for, or if not, get relief for from the Dutch people themselves (wherever they are).

If an eartquake occurs, like in El Salvador, India or another country outside the rich countries, we have programs on TV and all to raise money for those people that are struck. Not for their government, but for the people. And we raise millions with just our small country, whilst our government gives extra as well.

As far as I see it, everyone who's been in this thread so far has voted for Bush, and sees nothing wrong in what he or his government does. Even if one person in his government says something, you can't blame it om GW, right?

I started this thread with the bombings on Baghdad. Why would there be bombings of Baghdad all of a sudden? Iraq has held itself to about all rules and there were no bombings in the past 2 years. So what's GW's message then? Don't **** with me?

If he really wants something done, he could tell Turkey to stop invading Iraqi territorry and stop attacking the Kurds there. If he really would want Iraq not to fly anymore, he could have shot down every aircraft he sees, no matter if it's in the Northern or Southern No-Fly-Zone. He could/should order ground troops against Iraqi troops still harassing Kurds and the people living in the South.

But ofcourse, as neither Clinton did that, and his GW's dad never went to Baghdad when he had the chance, what do we care?

Russia did 3 ICBM exercises today, one from land, one from sea and one from the air. They might've done some in the past, but then we didn't care.

Me, for one, am now worried.

Jord.
                        Jordâ„¢

Comment

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">As far as I see it, everyone who's been in this thread so far has voted for Bush, </font>
                          You think I voted for Bush? What makes you think that? Because I am defending our government? You don't know who I voted for, other than it was NOT Gore (who is run by the Jesse Jackson National Mafia).

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Why would there be bombings of Baghdad all of a sudden? </font>
                          This is why you are clueless. It isn't all of a sudden, genius. This has been going on since IRAQ signed the agreement at the end of the gulf war. He doesn't adhere to the agreement, he gets a reaction. This happened with GB, Clinton, and now GW.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Iraq has held itself to about all rules </font>
                          Except they keep going into the no fly zone with their military aircraft, they continue to build chemical weapons, and they refuse to allow UN inspectors to contradict that. All of these are breaches of the rules.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">and there were no bombings in the past 2 years.</font>
                          Wrong. Better get your facts straight.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">So what's GW's message then? Don't **** with me? </font>
                          I think it's more "Break the UN rules, you face UN action"

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Russia did 3 ICBM exercises today, one from land, one from sea and one from the air. </font>
                          Ehhmmmm...okay, I guess your point is...

Rags

Comment

Jord,

Already told you this on ICQ, but...

Iraq has NEVER adhered to its agreement. Every single time the UN inspectors have come in to check on their weapons, Saddam says "you can check everywhere except this chemical weapons plant".

He pushes, and pushes. When he pushes hard enough, we bomb the living f**k out of him. Clinton did it, only the democrats didn't make a big deal out of it.

- Gurm

------------------
                            Listen up, you primitive screwheads! See this? This is my BOOMSTICK! Etc. etc.
                            The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
                            If only life were as easy as you
                            I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
                            If only life were as easy as you
                            I would still get screwed

Comment

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">He pushes, and pushes. When he pushes hard enough, we bomb the living f**k out of him. Clinton did it, only the democrats didn't make a big deal out of it.</font>
                              It was the far left that controls the media that didn't make a big deal of it. In fact, they hardly made a fuss about anything bad that Clinton did. If a Republican president had done all those things he would have been raked over the coals so much he could never have done his job.

Comment

Working...
                              X