Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A secondary distributed computing project for MURC?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A secondary distributed computing project for MURC?

Once again, the Seti crew expands across all your forums, in an attempt to make MURC rule in yet another league table/poll/etc! However, this time it's not a Seti drive, rather the opposite! The latest version of Seti has presented a massive slow down which has deterred many of our members away, possibly to other projects such as RC5 and Folding@home.

This is where you come in! We'd ideally like to keep the ex-Seti people in a MURC effort of some sort, and we'd also like to try and aggregrate our efforts into a single project. Seti will always have a strong following (at least for the forseeable future) so we were wondering...

What distributed computing project would you like to run for MURC?

Place your votes and comments below, including if you already run the project, and some benefits or indeed disadvantages of that particular project. Some points to consider are speed, system requirements, networkability, proxy compliance, caching and restarting units - feel free to suggest others.

Rattledagger has posted some comments on <a href="http://forums.murc.ws/ubb/Forum12/HTML/000863.html">Entropia, Seti and Folding</a> and <a href="http://forums.murc.ws/ubb/Forum12/HTML/000869.html">Genome</a> in 2 threads in the Seti forum.

We'd also like to know if you'd switch from your chosen project to the popular choice for the benefit of a strong MU team.

Thanking you in advance,

Paul.
    Meet Jasmine.
    flickr.com/photos/pace3000

I do not have any suggestions, but I will stay with the team regardless of what project is chosen.
    System:
    Asus A7V rev. 1.01p bios 1011
    AMD Thunderbird 800
    SBLive retail with liveware 3.0
    Matrox g400 MAX pd 6.51
    LG Flatron 795FT 17" monitor
    IBM 13.5 GB 7200 hdd
    Pioneer 106-s dvdrom
    WinME
    directx 8.0a
    384mb pc133

Comment

The important thing here is that we aren't replacing SETI@Home, but offering an alternative. The S@H branch is certainly not going to stop.

Fred

Comment

Yea, to confirm Fred, it's for those who are leaving Seti. We want to keep them crunching for MURC

And I'm sure there must be a few people who already run non-Seti stuff - where are you's?

Paul.
        Meet Jasmine.

Comment

I suggest dcypher.net

mfg
          wulfman
          "Perhaps they communicate by changing colour? Like those sea creatures .."
          "Lobsters?"
          "Really? I didn't know they did that."
          "Oh yes, red means help!"

Comment

Do you use that Wulfman?

Paul.
            Meet Jasmine.

Comment

yes, runs without problems

sorry for the late answer

mfg
              wulfman
              "Perhaps they communicate by changing colour? Like those sea creatures .."
              "Lobsters?"
              "Really? I didn't know they did that."
              "Oh yes, red means help!"

Comment

Working...
              X