Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Denmark ruled by journalists ?

RANT MODE ON:

I've noticed a trend building in the last years here in Denmark. A newspaper headlines something, a few days later the politicians rushes a new law through to deal with this matter. It seems like they are so obsessed with PR that they let the media control their work.
    Of course the people we have elected to rule the country have to take action when a journalist exposes a hole in a law or other, but do they really need the press to proof-read their laws, don't they have civil servants for this ?
    Not only do the media seem to decide what will be discussed in our parlament 'Folketinget', but the quality of the news have degraded into political propaganda, the latest example was a comparison of the amount of money a single parent recieved from the other parent, the percentage of an average salary from 1970-something was compared to be amount paid today, and the total amount of money spend by society was compared as well. I'm quite sure that they knew the one figure was influenced by inflation and what's not, while the other wasn't, but if the correct figures was used the result would be much less interesting. The next day politicians was looking into raising support amount.

Is this a danish phenomenon, or does this happen other places as well ? Is the world ruled by journalists, or is it just here ?

RANT MODE OFF
    "That's right fool! Now I'm a flying talking donkey!"

P4 2.66, 512 mb PC2700, ATI Radeon 9000, Seagate Barracude IV 80 gb, Acer Al 732 17" TFT

what happens here is that politicians make big mistakes, and the media gives big coverage on those mistakes (they always love to report on sensational news!). What happens is that the politicians that made the mistake(s) get away with nothing, because they're backed by all the other important politicians...

What I really hate the media for is all the sensational news... they make things look worse or make it worse themselves just for higher ratings!

Comment

I would write what happens here is the US with the media and politics...but I'd exceed the maximum amount of characters I can post before a decent explianation could be given. Let's just say it's a giant cluster *%!$# over in the US.

Jammrock

------------------
      Athlon 650
      256 MB PC133 CAS3 from Crucial
      87 GB storage from WD & IBM
      Matrox G400 (it's not dead yet!)
      SB Live! the original full retail, still going strong
      Klipsch ProMedia v.2-400, the PC speakers that goes BOOM!
      Hope Matrox releases the G800 before rebuild time, becuase the end is near!
      “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
      –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

It's the same in every country.
        Someday, we'll look back on this, laugh nervously and change the subject.

Comment

Does anyone remember when the news of the world (Cheapo British wragg)decided to publish details of perverts.
          The end result anyone who looked like them got beaten up. Gangs of people set on other people who they thought where perverts.
          One guy just arrived in this country asked some kids for directions and the next thing he knew he was the guest of our national health service.
          Just for the record any pervert shouldn't be allowed back out on the streets.
          Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
          Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Actually it's not the same here in the US. In the US, the press tends to not report improprieties by politicians who support their agenda. This has been proven, and the Media's excuse has always been that the people who read the news don't want to hear about it. Well, recently we have had the pleasure of getting an entirely new News channel, Fox News. These guys go after anyone and everyone. They don't let up, and they don't care if it's the president or the leader of some minority organization. They report what's happening. They are currently the highest rated news channel out right now, and the others still continue to selectively report the news. Newspapers and magazines are even worse, and there's not a whole lot that can be done about it. These people are VERY powerful, and they can do just about what they want here.

Rags

Comment

Working...
            X