Arrrghh, I refuse to wait ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arrrghh, I refuse to wait ...

I just finished book three in the 'A song of fire and ice' series by George R. R. Martin, it's by far the best fantasy litterature I've ever read and I highly recommend it.
    Unfortunately there seem to be a 2 year period between each book, and book three was published in september 2000

I DON'T WANT TO WAIT UNTIL FALL 2002 FOR THE NEXT ONE ... ARRRGGHHH!!

In case anyone would be interested the three first books are named:

A game of thrones
    A clash of kings
    A storm of swords
    "That's right fool! Now I'm a flying talking donkey!"

P4 2.66, 512 mb PC2700, ATI Radeon 9000, Seagate Barracude IV 80 gb, Acer Al 732 17" TFT

What's so special about it?
    Someday, we'll look back on this, laugh nervously and change the subject.

Comment

You think that is a long wait? It took Stephen King 15 years to publish the first 4 books in his Dark Tower series, it has been 4 years since the last book and there are still at least 3 more books to go!
      P4 2.53GHz, Intel D845PEBT2, 1GB Ram, G400 Max, Adaptec 19160 running, 2 Maxtor 18GB 10KRPM HD, Toshiba 40/10 SCSI DVD-Rom, Plextor 32/12/10 SCSI CD-RW, Seagate 80GB Barracuda IV, Turtle Beach Santa Cruz, Viewsonic G790 19" Monitor

Comment

The fourth book is out ? I gave up waiting after the first three, might have to read them again before reading number four
        "That's right fool! Now I'm a flying talking donkey!"

P4 2.66, 512 mb PC2700, ATI Radeon 9000, Seagate Barracude IV 80 gb, Acer Al 732 17" TFT

Comment

The Dark Tower series is the only Stephen King books I have ever gotten in to. And now all he does is write those stupid non-fiction stories. Get back to writing the Dark Tower before you crock you old bag!!!

Jammrock

------------------
          Athlon 650
          256 MB PC133 CAS3 from Crucial
          87 GB storage from WD & IBM
          Matrox G400 (it's not dead yet!)
          SB Live! the original full retail, still going strong
          Klipsch ProMedia v.2-400, the PC speakers that goes BOOM!
          Hope Matrox releases the G800 before rebuild time, becuase the end is near!
          “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
          –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

The Dark Tower! I love that series. Rumour has it that the 5th book will come out very soon. BTW-He mentions at the end of the 4th that there will be at least 6 books total. I hope he gets to them all before something happens like a car accident. Man, the last car accident almost killed him.

Dave

------------------
            What if the Hokey Pokey is what it's all about?
            Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

Working...
            X