Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jamrock's weekend adventure...you'll love these pics =)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jamrock's weekend adventure...you'll love these pics =)

Hmmmm...

Something is missing from Jammrock's computer desk. I wonder what it is?

There it is! It's sitting on Jammrock's makeshift test bench.

It appears that Jammrock's recently out of warranty motherboard has gone bad!

Whatever shall Jammrock do?

Remember to always wear safety glasses when smashing hardware with crowbars. Plastic pieces could fly into your eyes and cause retnial damage.

Jammrock feels much better now =)

Hopefully Abit can build a better board than Bio$#!%.

Jammrock

PS - These pics were taken on my Dad's new Cannon PowerShot G1, 3.3 MPixel camera with a 340 MB IBM MicroDrive. Pretty nice, ain't it?

------------------
    Athlon 650
    256 MB PC133 CAS3 from Crucial
    87 GB storage from WD & IBM
    Matrox G400 (it's not dead yet!)
    SB Live! the original full retail, still going strong
    Klipsch ProMedia v.2-400, the PC speakers that goes BOOM!
    Hope Matrox releases the G800 before rebuild time, becuase the end is near!

[This message has been edited by Jammrock (edited 05 February 2001).]
    “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
    –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Jammy getten jiggy wid it!
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Maybe we should call Jamrock "Cap'n Krunch" from now on....LOL

Paul
      "Never interfere with the enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself"

Comment

I hope that you're going to properly dispose of that board in a recycling facility!

Comment

Pauly that nic is exclusively Jords!
          "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

FUBAR.
            MSI K7D Master L, Water Cooled, All SCSI
            Modded XP2000's @ 1800 (12.5 x 144 FSB)
            512MB regular Crucial PC2100
            Matrox P
            X15 36-LP Cheetahs In RAID 0
            LianLiPC70

Comment

Wouldn't it suck if you realized right after this little episode that your CPU was just a little unseated, or some other trivial little problem That's what would've happened to me anyway. At least you have an excuse to upgrade now...

------------------
              Andrew
              Carpe Cerevisi
              Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine. -- Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

I am sure that Cap'n Krunch there thought of trying another motherboard first

Rags

Comment

I tried everything. I reseated the CPU, RAM Video card, everything. Tested them in my flatmates computer and everything checked out. I tried booting up on a barebone boot (thus the need for the test bench), with CPU, RAM and video only (the hard drive was just to create a decent load on the power supply) and it was still throwing a fit.

Pulled the CMOS battery in a vain attempt to clear it, also tried the CMOS clear jumper. No go. I initially thought it was my G400, because there was no video, but after further testing I discovered my G400 worked.

From what I gathered from the POST, it died between the RAM check and the Video initialization. As far as I know that is the system board check. And since everything else works fine, that only leaves the motherboard.

And it really doesn't matter, it was a POS Biostar that I got for free. I've been meaning to upgrade it, and now I got the chance =)

Jammrock
                  “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
                  –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Looks like you covered everything That's more effort than I would have put into a Biostar....

BTW, I was just saying that if it was ME it would have turned out to be something stupid, cause that sort of crap always happens to me

------------------
                    Andrew
                    Carpe Cerevisi
                    Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine. -- Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

I wish I could do that to some of the COMPAQ's that customers drags in to our shop and wants us to fix!

The only nice COMPAQ is a Dead one - We have several,cause of death = Thermal overload due to unadequat cooling!
                      If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Good for you!!!

Now pack all those pieces in a box, have a nice bowel movement on top of them, and send it all right back to the manufacturer. I'm sure they'll appreciate the feedback.

Paul
                        paulcs@flashcom.net

Comment

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Remember to always wear safety glasses when smashing hardware with crowbars. Plastic pieces could fly into your eyes and cause retnial damage.
                          </font>
                          Now what would have really sucked is if those flying plastic pieces had come into contact with that new camera

------------------
                          Unreal Fortress developer

Comment

Is Paddy[MU] still looking for pictures of bowel movements ?
                            If he is be sure to send him a pic before shipping the thing to Biostar. Hmm ... Bio-star ... bowel movement ... hmm
                            "That's right fool! Now I'm a flying talking donkey!"

P4 2.66, 512 mb PC2700, ATI Radeon 9000, Seagate Barracude IV 80 gb, Acer Al 732 17" TFT

Comment

What, you got an idea to name a motherboard?

I have told people I wouldn't whiz on 'em if they were on fire, but never...the other thing.
                              MSI K7D Master L, Water Cooled, All SCSI
                              Modded XP2000's @ 1800 (12.5 x 144 FSB)
                              512MB regular Crucial PC2100
                              Matrox P
                              X15 36-LP Cheetahs In RAID 0
                              LianLiPC70

Comment

Working...
                              X