US President - who cares, he is a dead man

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• US President - who cares, he is a dead man

Lest we forget, the US Presidents who get elected in a year ending with "0" are under a curse. They will die in office. The only recent exception to this rule was Reagan, who survived being shot in an assassination attempt.

1840 William H Harrison
    1860 Abraham Lincoln
    1880 James Garfield
    1900 William McKinley
    1920 Warren Harding
    1940 Franklin D Roosevelt
    1960 John F Kennedy
    1980 Ronald Reagan

These guys all died in office as US President, except for Reagan. Once they sort out who is going to be the elected sucker for 2000, we'll know which name to add to this list.

Ooh ooh! In that case, lemme change my vote to Gore! I'd be doing the world a favor!

Oops, did I say that out loud? I hope the NSA isn't listening.

- Gurm

------------------
    Listen up, you primitive screwheads! See this? This is my BOOMSTICK! Etc. etc.
    The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
    If only life were as easy as you
    I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
    I would still get screwed

Comment

I demand a REVOTE! I really meant to vote for Gore!

Comment

I'm not superstitious but I'm off now to the bookies to make a bet, armed with that info!!

Comment

And the winner is...

http://www.lecoindesartistes.ch/digi..._us/index.html

------------------
          "Il est toujours intéressant de parler avec quelqu'un d'intelligent"
          Dostoïevski

AMD Athlon 500(@750), Asus K7M, 512Mb PC100 SDRAM, Matrox G400MAX, Sb Live and a lot more toys and gadgets.

Comment

eeeewwww scary!

but the topic of this thread is just about how i feel by now..... who cares!!!!!

every damn day we hear that now they will count these and these votes and now they won´t. Can´t you just flip for it or something?
            If a kid asks where rain comes from, I think a cute thing to tell him is "God is crying." And if he asks why God is crying, another cute thing to tell him is "Probably because of something you did."

Comment

The FULL legend behind that is an old Native American/Indian curse. I don't remember all the details, but some medicine man from a tribe that was being hunted down by the US government (aren't we nice people) cursed the presidency. As legend goes he said that every twenty years (year ends in a zero) the president would die as vengence for what they did to the Indians.

Pretty cool, eh?

On the uncool side...if you want to see holocaust, look at the numbers of Native American tribes and peoples wiped out by Europeans. Starting with the Spanish through US history. Quite disturbing.

Jammrock
              “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
              –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

please, no supersticion (SP?)!

How many US presidents have been murdered in a percentage of all the presidents?

Is that percentage near the 10% ?

ok ok, I admit that logic is flawed. But I am willing to take a bet on that George W. Bush (well,it's 99,9999% certain he will be the next president by now), will not be murdered while he is president of the United States.

[This message has been edited by dZeus (edited 13 December 2000).]

Comment

Half of the Presidents Thundrchez listed were not assassinated. I believe Harrison, Harding, and Roosevelt died of natural causes while in office. Reagan, of course, is still alive.

Paul
                  paulcs@flashcom.net

Comment

although one could argue, based on Descartes' axiom "I think, therefore I am" that since Reagan had long since ceased to realize he was alive by the time he left office, he therefore was not. QED.

- Gurm

------------------
                    Listen up, you primitive screwheads! See this? This is my BOOMSTICK! Etc. etc.
                    The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
                    I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
                    I would still get screwed

Comment

Reagan falls under the 'attempted assasination' category. He ALMOST died...

You foget, if Gore WHERE pres and DID die, we be stuck with that moron Liberman..

Comment

Is this the first attempt at taking out the new prez? What a luser.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/020701/whitehouse.sml

Comment

Should've used a larger calibre gun. (preferably mounted on Abrams :0) )
                          Someday, we'll look back on this, laugh nervously and change the subject.

Comment

Working...
                          X