Oh Boy!! The XFL is on..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh Boy!! The XFL is on..

The first ever XFL game is on. For those who have never heard, it's an American Football league that was started up by the president of the WWF (the fake wrestling show).

I'm trying to decide if I hate, or don't really care. Anyone else wasting their time?

Jammrock

------------------
    Athlon 650
    256 MB PC133 CAS3 from Crucial
    87 GB storage from WD & IBM
    Matrox G400 (it's not dead yet!)
    SB Live! the original full retail, still going strong
    Klipsch ProMedia v.2-400, the PC speakers that goes BOOM!
    Hope Matrox releases the G800 before rebuild time, becuase the end is near!
    “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
    –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

I've decided that it was a waste of my time and turned the channel. The hype was definitely more than the game itself.

Dave
    Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

For the very first game of a new upstart league with only eight teams I think they did pretty well. There are still some things they will need to work out but that will come with time. There are serveral things that I did like. I like the fast pace of the game due to the shorter play clocks which reminds me alot of the way Arena Football is. I also like the no fair catch and live ball after 25 yard rule. No more being a p***y about taking a hit by calling a fair catch or just leting it go so you don't get hit. I say give it a few more weeks.

Joel

And damn, didn't those Las Vegas cheerleaders look good??

And one more thing. I also liked the no kicking for the point after. You either run or pass for it. No more of the basically one point give away.

Well let's make that two more things. No more touch backs. You have to run it out of the end zone on a kick off rerturn.

[This message has been edited by Joel (edited 04 February 2001).]

Libertarian is still the way to go if we truly want a real change.

www.lp.org

System Specs: AMD XP2000+ @1.68GHz(12.5x133), ASUS A7V133-C, 512MB PC133, Matrox Parhelia 128MB, SB Live! 5.1.
      Monitor: Cornerstone c1025 @ 1280x960 @85Hz.

Comment

Talking about the extra point, perhaps they could adopt the same attitude as Rugby League and Rugby Union.

In League and Union, when a try is scored, the goal is kicked in line with where the ball is grounded.

So if the ball is grounded under the posts, you can kick from directly in front, but and the distance away you choose. If the ball is grounded a foot in from the sideline, you kick from one meter from the sideline, again at the distance you choose.

Means that goal kickers not only need to be able to kick it from 40 metres out, but also need to be able to kick it at a 45 degree angle to the goal line.
        <i>Shampoo is better! I go on first and clean the hair!</i>

Athlon 700, K7V, 192Mb RAM, 32Mb G400 DH (v5.52), SBLive!, 26.4GB HDD, Win2k Pro, Actima 8xDVD, LG 32x4x4x CD-RW, CTX VL950T 19"

Comment

I think they should emphasize the cheerleaders more. In fact, I think they should let them play. In costume.

Paul
          paulcs@flashcom.net

Comment

I'd like to see them play without the costumes
            The cheerleaders that is

[This message has been edited by CHHAS (edited 04 February 2001).]
            "That's right fool! Now I'm a flying talking donkey!"

P4 2.66, 512 mb PC2700, ATI Radeon 9000, Seagate Barracude IV 80 gb, Acer Al 732 17" TFT

Comment

i only have one question is it real or fake football?

------------------
              MSI K7TPro2 Duron 750@900
              256Ram G400DH32mb
              Pioneer SCSI 16xDVD
              DFI NFIIUltra 400
              756Ram ATI 9550 256mem
              Lite-On DVDR/RW/DL
              Windows XP pro
              msn messenger id: gchisel
              Be aware that a halo has to fall only a few inches to be a noose

Comment

IMO the XFL has taken the so called p***y rules out of football that we see in the NFL today. Granted you can't get away with blanted personal fouls like late hits and hitting someone out of bounds, but there's no more of this Quarterback slid to avoid a hit. I think if a quarterback is going to tuck and run then he should have to endure some of the same type of physical contact that his receivers receive when he throws them an errant pass.

Joel

Libertarian is still the way to go if we truly want a real change.

www.lp.org

System Specs: AMD XP2000+ @1.68GHz(12.5x133), ASUS A7V133-C, 512MB PC133, Matrox Parhelia 128MB, SB Live! 5.1.
                Monitor: Cornerstone c1025 @ 1280x960 @85Hz.

Comment

I'm not much of a sports fan (in fact, can't remember the last time I watched any sporting event.....hmmmm...probably the Olympics), but I did catch some of one of the games. Wow! Impressive camera work, sound, etc. But I quickly fell asleep.

Comment

The little I watched, I liked.

Liked the new camera angles. I liked being able to hear the play calls and the coaches.

Yes, the cheerleaders were nice as well. They should give them poles!

amish
                    Despite my nickname causing confusion, I have no religious affiliations.

Comment

Working...
                    X