Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TETSUO!!!!

KENADA!!!!

You have now heard 80% of the dialog to the classic anime movie Akira. Thank you.

Official Press Release

Basically, Pioneer Animation has spent $1 milion USD to completely restore the classic anime movie, Akira. The video is getting a digital cleanup using the newest in ultra high definition digital technology. The audio is being remastered and placed on a Dolby Digital AC3 soundtrack. The script has been retranslated from the original Japanese script and the English voices are being re-dubbed.

On top of all of that, Akira is getting a theatrical release in the US some time this Spring. No details as to how wide the release will be, or when it comes out, but I don't care. Because I'm going to see it. Even if I haft to drive to Denver, Chicago or Dallas. I WANT MY BIG SCREEN AKIRA!!!

And then after the theatrical release is over, Pioneer is giving it a DVD run. No news on what the DVD will have, but hopefully it will be one of those cool 2 DVD sets. One disc with an ultra high quality transfer, the other with butt loads of extras.

Damn I'm all happy now. The rumors from last year were all true!!!

Jammrock

------------------
    Athlon 650
    256 MB PC133 CAS3 from Crucial
    40 GB storage from WD
    Matrox G400 (it's not dead yet!)
    SB Live! the original full retail, still going strong
    Klipsch ProMedia v.2-400, the PC speakers that goes BOOM!
    Hope Matrox releases the G800 before rebuild time, becuase the end is near!
    “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
    –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Owh damn! I have the VHS boxed, with the making of, japanese language , english subtitled. Drool...
    I'm a major Akira FAN!
    THis is a GOOD day!

Thank you for the good news!
    In case it's a harware problem:
    PIII-500@560, 256 MB, G400 MAX DH on, ABIT BH6, MX300
    Win2K drivers: 5.52

Comment

It's KANEDA btw

Comment

Sasq,

Is that Japan I see on your From: information? Cool! I can go to the video store and rent Akira, too. Then I can watch the bad quality, apparently inaccurate translated English version of it

You see, we anime fans here in the US (and probably Europe) have only recently been able to get good anime with good, acurate translations. So for classic anime fans like me and FaRaN, the remaster and retranslation of Akira is big news. I'm pretty sure Japan will have a release of the remastered DVD, too.

And if you can find a list of manga with English I would greatly appriciate it. I know a lot of people that collect manga.

Jammrock
        “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
        –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Just like to point out I can wander down to the local vid store and rent the original, there is also a lot of manga avaliable here on dvd with english... if you want a list I can probably find one....
          Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

Comment

I'm interested too. But that is only japanese spoken and english subtitled.
            If you've seen anime with its original language you don't eant anything else. It's much more realistic. And voices are accuratly chosen to fit the story and personality. And that is screwed by voiceovers that do Disney-films too

Comment

its true about the voice-choice, and the subtitle bit, most of my friends here prefer to watch american movies in english with japanese subtitles.

the wonderful thing with dvd is you can mix and match the voice/sub titles

I'll have a look next time I'm out (i'm busy with study and work so I don't have a lot of spare time) but I will keep you posted as to what I can find.

Danny

PS My personal favorites are 3x3 eyes (parts 1-5) and Wicked City

pps beleive it or not I'm an English Teacher, but late at night I sorta don't care about correct english

[This message has been edited by Sasq (edited 02 February 2001).]
              Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

Comment

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">pps beleive it or not I'm an English Teacher, but late at night I sorta don't care about correct english </font>
                It shows
                Jordâ„¢

Comment

Hey Jord,

Pot... Kettle... black...

- Gurm

------------------
                  Listen up, you primitive screwheads! See this? This is my BOOMSTICK! Etc. etc.
                  The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
                  If only life were as easy as you
                  I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
                  If only life were as easy as you
                  I would still get screwed

Comment

I didn't start it, Jason. It was just a remark on his last sentence and maybe the last part of that sentence
                    Jordâ„¢

Comment

It's ok, I set myself up for that one

The problem with learning Japanese during the day and teaching English at night is by about midnight the grammar starts getting confused....
                      Juu nin to iro

Comment

Working...
                      X