Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A new "Darwin Award" candidate over on Matrox T.S.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A new "Darwin Award" candidate over on Matrox T.S.

http://forum.matrox.com/mgaforum/For...ML/000553.html

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Detailed Explanation: The garbled static and noise revealing wicked electrical interference through speakers at establishment of internet connection (local isp), which results in frequent disconnects, and slow transfer rates.... We tried resetting the CMOS, and booting with only the video card (in AGP slot of course), then adding my pci modem card in a slot and checking irq's, if sharing, starting over and using a different pci slot for modem and re-checking irq's.This never helped or changed anything I noticed</font>

Just scroll past all of the early stuff and look at the last 4 or 5 posts. I don't think I'd have posted back in like "big daddy" did.

I think Haig's final response shows remarkable restraint...I certainly don't know how I could have kept my cool after eating up tech supp's time with this one...

Enjoy.

[This message has been edited by Bixler (edited 27 January 2001).]
    Greebe's juiced up Athlon @750 on an MSI Irongate Based M/B Marvel G200 TV with HW/DVD Daughtercard,
    CDBurner, Creative DVD, two big WD Hdds, Outboard 56K modem
    Parallel Port Scanner, Creative S/B AWE 64 (ISA), and a new Logitech WebCam (My first USB device)

I have a few friends who sell pc's retail and I hear many horror stories of a similar nature, my favorite one being after 45 mins on the phone with the customer complaining about not being able to connect to the net - tech's suggestion ok unplug all the cords - power phone etc and plug them back in... few seconds of silence and 'oh I have to plug it into the telephone line?'
    Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

Comment

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
      that's a good one!
      jim
      System 1:
      AMD 1.4 AYJHA-Y factory unlocked @ 1656 with Thermalright SK6 and 7k Delta fan
      Epox 8K7A
      2x256mb Micron pc-2100 DDR
      an AGP port all warmed up and ready to be stuffed full of Parhelia II+
      SBLIVE 5.1
      Maxtor 40g 7,200 @ ATA-100
      IBM 40GB 7,200 @ ATA-100
      Pinnacle DV Plus firewire
      3Com Hardware Modem
      Teac 20/10/40 burner
      Antec 350w power supply in a Colorcase 303usb Stainless

New system: Under development

Comment

I love when Tim alerts us to these little gems on Matrox's forums.

Paul
        paulcs@flashcom.net

Comment

Ignorance is bliss......
          MSI K7D Master L, Water Cooled, All SCSI
          Modded XP2000's @ 1800 (12.5 x 144 FSB)
          512MB regular Crucial PC2100
          Matrox P
          X15 36-LP Cheetahs In RAID 0
          LianLiPC70

Comment

Help me Haig! When I turn on my computer, the amber light on my monitor turns green!
            I know my G400 is responsible.

Paul
            paulcs@flashcom.net

Comment

you only have an amber light that turns green? that's NOTHING compared to my problem: when I turn on my computer, one of the connected devices also has the light that changes colour, and also a large area of that device mystically glows in all sorts of colours, and sometimes small characters show up on it, that look a bit like runes or something... is that device possesed with evil spirits?????

Comment

Hey Haig,

When I turn on my computer, the screen is dark, then it shows text, then it shows windows, then it shows text, then windows loads.

Why can't you guys fix your drivers, I mean get it right and load windows right away? I don't need to see all that other stuff cause it takes too long.

And another thing, after 15 minutes the display goes dark, and after I touch the mouse or keyboard, it comes back on. 15 minutes later, same thing. Can I get an RMA and get anuther card? Cause these things are guaranteed for three years, right?

Oh, and anuther thing, ever since I got the G400 card, my hounds been ailin, don't flush birds no more...

[This message has been edited by SCompRacer (edited 27 January 2001).]
                MSI K7D Master L, Water Cooled, All SCSI
                Modded XP2000's @ 1800 (12.5 x 144 FSB)
                512MB regular Crucial PC2100
                Matrox P
                X15 36-LP Cheetahs In RAID 0
                LianLiPC70

Comment

Haig, when I turn on my computer, I get this loud, annoying beep. And it's not coming from the speakers!! I even removed my soundcard and hid it in the refrigerator and it still beeps.

It *must* be a driver issue, because I removed my videocard, and now it makes all sorts of beeps and I no longer get a display.

When will Matrox fix this?

Paul
                  paulcs@flashcom.net

[This message has been edited by paulcs (edited 27 January 2001).]

Comment

Haig if I put a screw driver near the monitor all the colours go funny and the picture gets distorted. I think it's driver problem can you help.
                    Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
                    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

ROFLMAO!

Comment

Pit, I don't think you need to install additional drivers for your screws. The native Windows screw drivers work just fine.

Paul
                        paulcs@flashcom.net

Comment

Dear Haig,

The last time I posted an issue with my G450 somone suggested that I remove the link between the Keyboard and Chair.

I can't find where to turn this link off in the Advanced Controls of Power Desk. This sucks cause if it is a standard feature I can't find it.

Will Matrox add this feature in future Driver updates???

ALSO!!!! I set my display to Standard VGA cause that's what kind of monitor I have and my picture sucks. I think I'll go back to my S3 Virge and M3D for Quake3. Now that REALLY OWNS!!!!!

I really need to find out how to disable the link btween my Keyboard and Chair.

FriggnStoopid@aol.com
                          "Never interfere with the enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself"

Comment

Well if one wants to be a good tech support person, he has to refrain from posting sarcastic remarks and must answer even the stupidies questions. That's why a lot of people can work at tech support but only few are really good at it.
                            Someday, we'll look back on this, laugh nervously and change the subject.

Comment

Dear Haig,

I bought one of Matrox's Dual Head video cards, unfortunately, my monitor only has one input! Is there a "Y" cable that Matrox sells that will work instead?

FriggnStoopidsbrother@aol.com

System 1:
                              AMD 1.4 AYJHA-Y factory unlocked @ 1656 with Thermalright SK6 and 7k Delta fan
                              Epox 8K7A
                              2x256mb Micron pc-2100 DDR
                              an AGP port all warmed up and ready to be stuffed full of Parhelia II+
                              SBLIVE 5.1
                              Maxtor 40g 7,200 @ ATA-100
                              IBM 40GB 7,200 @ ATA-100
                              Pinnacle DV Plus firewire
                              3Com Hardware Modem
                              Teac 20/10/40 burner
                              Antec 350w power supply in a Colorcase 303usb Stainless

New system: Under development

Comment

Working...
                              X