• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Canadian currency

http://www.wallis.com/cdn_bills/News.htm

Icky.

[This message has been edited by Himself (edited 24 January 2001).]

I don't see whats so bad about it. It's a whole heck of a lot better than our uber-crappy US bills. bleh... straight green for everything got really boring years and years ago.
    Primary System:
    MSI 745 Ultra, AMD 2400+ XP, 1024 MB Crucial PC2100 DDR SDRAM, Sapphire Radeon 9800 Pro, 3Com 3c905C NIC,
    120GB Seagate UDMA 100 HD, 60 GB Seagate UDMA 100 HD, Pioneer DVD 105S, BenQ 12x24x40 CDRW, SB Audigy OEM,
    Win XP, MS Intellimouse Optical, 17" Mag 720v2
    Seccondary System:
    Epox 7KXA BIOS 5/22, Athlon 650, 512 MB Crucial 7E PC133 SDRAM, Hercules Prophet 4500 Kyro II, SBLive Value,
    3Com 3c905B-TX NIC, 40 GB IBM UDMA 100 HD, 45X Acer CD-ROM,
    Win XP, MS Wheel Mouse Optical, 15" POS Monitor
    Tertiary system
    Offbrand PII Mobo, PII 350, 256MB PC100 SDRAM, 15GB UDMA66 7200RPM Maxtor HD, USRobotics 10/100 NIC, RedHat Linux 8.0
    Camera: Canon 10D DSLR, Canon 100-400L f4.5-5.6 IS USM, Canon 100 Macro USM Canon 28-135 f3.5-5.6 IS USM, Canon Speedlite 200E, tripod, bag, etc.

"Any sufficiently advanced technology will be indistinguishable from magic." --Arthur C. Clarke

Comment

Thats one funky bill. It doesn't look too bad I suppose. Better than US currency for sure. I don't know how you Americans can even SEE what bill your giving the waitress when your getting tanked in a dark bar.

Bart
      Bart

Comment

Shhhh, don't say that or else they will make the 5 and 20 glow in the dark.

Comment

sorry I don't know of a link but if you get chance check out the Aussie notes, pink/purple for $5, blue for $10, red/ornange for $20, yellow/gold for $50 and green for $100 plus there made from plastic

at least we don't get em confussed in the dark unless we're really drunk
          Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

Comment

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">The current notes will remain legal tender even after the new notes are introduced.</font>
            Kind of defeats the purpose of all the new security features doesn't it? Just counterfeit the old ones. I don't understand why they wouldn't expire the old ones after a certain grace period, a couple of years maybe.

------------------
            Andrew
            Carpe Cerevisi

[This message has been edited by agallag (edited 23 January 2001).]
            Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine. -- Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

Eventually, old notes end up at banks. I think banks exchange them for the newer models with the Dept. of the Treasury, and Treasury destroys them. There are always a lot of older notes in circulation, and I suspect people would freak if the cash they had to make the exchange themselves.

I guess the best you could expect is that, eventually, a brand new, crisp discontinued note would arouse suspicion.

Paul
              paulcs@flashcom.net

Comment

They should put Geddy Lee on the $20, Alex Lifeson on the $50 and Neil Peart on the $100! All good Ontario boys.

Just for grins go ahead and put Alex Trebek on the penny and Alan Thicke on the nickle.

(The artist formerly known as Kindness!)

Comment

When I'm going to a dark bar, I put my ones in my front-right pocket, my fives in the front-left pocket, the tens in my left-rear pocket, and the twenties in my socks...

Comment

Well and what happens when you are short of everything except from 20 $ bills?
                    You buy something costing 2$ with a 20$ one and end with 1 10$ 1 5$ and 3 1$.
                    I'd like to see you twisting around for 5 minutes to put all of them in the good pocket

Vlip

Comment

I don't think the web pic does them justice myself, the purple is several shades darker, picture purple nachos.

Comment

What's really missing is the intricate swirls and patterns of line art that were on previous bills, impressionistic spirograph art.

Comment

http://www.gilmer.net/currency/gallery/north/canada/

Comment

where's that colour printer....
                            The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

The trend seems to be bigger heads and less art.

Comment

Working...
                              X