I just watched.. (what movie)?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just watched.. (what movie)?

Going against Stevie's radio listening on his big screen TV, I'd better ask you what you went off of the MURC for to watch

Series, movies, soaps, you name it.

We just watched John Carpenter's "The Thing" ( me for the 8th time )

Jord.
    Jordâ„¢

Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory! to mark it's 30 year anniversary!

It's one of my all time favorites
    System 1:
    AMD 1.4 AYJHA-Y factory unlocked @ 1656 with Thermalright SK6 and 7k Delta fan
    Epox 8K7A
    2x256mb Micron pc-2100 DDR
    an AGP port all warmed up and ready to be stuffed full of Parhelia II+
    SBLIVE 5.1
    Maxtor 40g 7,200 @ ATA-100
    IBM 40GB 7,200 @ ATA-100
    Pinnacle DV Plus firewire
    3Com Hardware Modem
    Teac 20/10/40 burner
    Antec 350w power supply in a Colorcase 303usb Stainless

New system: Under development

Comment

The Shawshank Redemption

Comment

Edward Scissorhands. Actually, I just watched it twice in a row: once with Tim Burton's commentary, and once with Danny Elfman's commentary.

Comment

Das Boot...off of my hard drive (rented it a couple of weeks ago and copied to the drive...haven't dumped it yet...)
          Now if I could just learn how to make a Divx;-) disk...

Comment

Lock, stock and two smoking barrels.
            "That's right fool! Now I'm a flying talking donkey!"

P4 2.66, 512 mb PC2700, ATI Radeon 9000, Seagate Barracude IV 80 gb, Acer Al 732 17" TFT

Comment

EchoWars:
              Use FlaskMPEG, that's pretty much all you need.
              Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

But it's sooo confusing!! Ehhh..just need to to take the time to fool with it...

Comment

Durango, it's one of my favorites too. I first saw it when I was 10.

Favorite quote from the movie:

"You should never doubt what no one is sure about."

Comment

Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon.

If you haven't seen it yet, all I can say is that you should. This is should definately be a top candidate for Best Picture at the Grammy's.

One amusing note, as I was coming out of the theatre with my friends I overheard someone comment that "none of the worlds great movies are in English".
                    Primary System:
                    MSI 745 Ultra, AMD 2400+ XP, 1024 MB Crucial PC2100 DDR SDRAM, Sapphire Radeon 9800 Pro, 3Com 3c905C NIC,
                    120GB Seagate UDMA 100 HD, 60 GB Seagate UDMA 100 HD, Pioneer DVD 105S, BenQ 12x24x40 CDRW, SB Audigy OEM,
                    Win XP, MS Intellimouse Optical, 17" Mag 720v2
                    Seccondary System:
                    Epox 7KXA BIOS 5/22, Athlon 650, 512 MB Crucial 7E PC133 SDRAM, Hercules Prophet 4500 Kyro II, SBLive Value,
                    3Com 3c905B-TX NIC, 40 GB IBM UDMA 100 HD, 45X Acer CD-ROM,
                    Win XP, MS Wheel Mouse Optical, 15" POS Monitor
                    Tertiary system
                    Offbrand PII Mobo, PII 350, 256MB PC100 SDRAM, 15GB UDMA66 7200RPM Maxtor HD, USRobotics 10/100 NIC, RedHat Linux 8.0
                    Camera: Canon 10D DSLR, Canon 100-400L f4.5-5.6 IS USM, Canon 100 Macro USM Canon 28-135 f3.5-5.6 IS USM, Canon Speedlite 200E, tripod, bag, etc.

"Any sufficiently advanced technology will be indistinguishable from magic." --Arthur C. Clarke

Comment

Finding Forrester

Great, great movie. I can easily see Sean Connery getting a best supporting actor Oscar for this one. And the cameo at the end is great.

Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon is definately good. Especially if you go with someone who knows Chinese and Chinese history and culture. Makes the movie even better.
                      “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
                      –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Finding Forrester

Great, great movie. I can easily see Sean Connery getting a best supporting actor Oscar for this one. And the cameo at the end is great.

Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon is definately good. Especially if you go with someone who knows Chinese and Chinese history and culture. Makes the movie even better.
                        “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
                        –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Just about to chuck 'Pitch Black' into the DVD player and whack up the DD5.1 to annoy the neighbours.

------------------
                          Cheers,
                          Steve

"Life is what we make of it, yet most of us just fake"

Comment

And now, I've finished watching 'Pitch Black' - quite a scary film in places, not amazingly stunning, but nevertherless, a good way to spend a couple of hours. SteveC rating of 4 out of 5!

------------------
                            Cheers,
                            Steve

"Life is what we make of it, yet most of us just fake"

Comment

One movie that took me by surprise is The Boondock Saints. I never even heard of it before I snagged the DivX, and now it's in my top 5. Great show if you can deal with vigilantes killing in the name of God with some humor thrown in. Well done flick. Willem Dafoe plays the only gay character I ever really enjoyed in a movie, a gay FBI agent; he's a riot. SEE this one folks. I'd love to hear some other people's opinions on this one.

Bart
                              Bart

Comment

Working...
                              X