Raider Nation - Welcome to the blackhole

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raider Nation - Welcome to the blackhole

I'm looking forward to the pounding that the Raiders are going to give Baltimore today IF they lose than I'll eat my words but until then, Go Raiders!!!

I'll spare Kruzin and Rags the "I told you so" speech about the broncos

Dave
    Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

uh-oh! 10-0 Ravens
    Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

LoL
      i was going to say....

Comment

Hey, that's not too bad. The Oakland 1st and goal, and can't do any better than a field goal?

Oh, hey I am sure they can face Baltimore's D

Rags

Comment

13-3, 4th

Comment

You know, there is only one thing better than having the Raiders lose (choke). That is having a Raiders fan eat their words

Rags

Comment

Want come sauce for them words Davie?
              Perhaps some salt and pepper?

Yummmmmm.
              Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

hehe I guess I'm gonna have to eat those words now. Damn! We deserved to lose with that crappy offense we played with today. Man the superbowl was sooo close I could taste it. (sigh) Congrats to the Ravens and Giants.

Dave

Comment

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Rags:
                  You know, there is only one thing better than having the Raiders lose (choke). That is having a Raiders fan eat their words </font>
                  Oh yeah. Just wait until Al Davis moves them back to Los Angeles.

Hmmmmm. It appears the worst team ever to get the home field advantage in the playoffs and the worst team ever to go to the NFC Championship game is now the worst team ever to go to the Super Bowl. Go figure.

Paul
                  paulcs@flashcom.net

Comment

Well, the Raiders at least won one prize:

Worst Half-time Show in the History of Football..

Comment

When I was a boy, I rooted for three teams: the two New York teams and the Oakland Raiders.

These Raiders just aren't the same. Al Davis ("Just win baby.") is relatively quiet. Nobody's shooting fifty. Nobody's covered his entire body with glue. Nobody has a criminal record. I think their dirtiest player is a minister.

The creepiest thing about these Raiders are their makeup wearin' fans.

Paul
                      paulcs@flashcom.net

[This message has been edited by paulcs (edited 15 January 2001).]

Comment

Are we talking about some kind of sporting event here? I'm pretty confused. Is this the sport where the idiots with no discernable human intelligence pretend to kick things whilst just beating on each other, or the sport where the idiots with no discernable human intelligence throw things at sticks?

- Gurm, who wanted to be in the NFL but wasn't allowed in due to IQ caps.

------------------
                        Listen up, you primitive screwheads! See this? This is my BOOMSTICK! Etc. etc.
                        The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
                        If only life were as easy as you
                        I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
                        I would still get screwed

Comment

Well it looks like the Ravens managed to pull another one off with their defense, but will that be enough to win the Superbowl? I don't think so. Why do I say that, because my team the Titans were just there last year mainly because of our defense and we all know what happened. We came up 1 yard short. And that again was a problem for our team this year. The offense not scoring when they had the opportunities too. The Ravens have also had a lot of luck on their side, with just being in the right place at the right time, and the question is, will that luck hold up through the Superbowl. Personally I don't think so. IMO to win the Superbowl the offense will need to find a way to score and with the way they have played so far this year I don't see that happening.

GO GIANTS!!!!

Joel
                          Libertarian is still the way to go if we truly want a real change.

www.lp.org

System Specs: AMD XP2000+ @1.68GHz(12.5x133), ASUS A7V133-C, 512MB PC133, Matrox Parhelia 128MB, SB Live! 5.1.
                          Monitor: Cornerstone c1025 @ 1280x960 @85Hz.

Comment

I think the problem overall is that they gave the WRONG big, dumb guy the ball. Also they should get some fast people. I mean really fast people. I bet you dimes to dollars some sprinters would love those big huge NFL contracts. I mean seriously, you get one Ben Johnson in there, hand him the ball - no, he can't tackle, but NOBODY could catch the man. Kinda like in Forest Gump.

Speaking of which, Forest Gump had about the right brainpower to be in pro sports, huh?

- Gurm

------------------
                            Listen up, you primitive screwheads! See this? This is my BOOMSTICK! Etc. etc.
                            The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
                            I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
                            I would still get screwed

Comment

Maybe that's why I stopped playing football after my freshman year in college. Now that I think about, the year after I quit football I got straight A's except in English class.

That's just way to freaky. Damn you Gurm for making my point that out!

Jammrock

------------------
                              Athlon 650
                              256 MB PC133 CAS3 from Crucial
                              40 GB storage from WD
                              Matrox G400 (it's not dead yet!)
                              SB Live! the original full retail, still going strong
                              Klipsch ProMedia v.2-400, the PC speakers that goes BOOM!
                              Hope Matrox releases the G800 before rebuild time, becuase the end is near!
                              “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
                              –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Working...
                              X