Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NS 6, need d/l links

First of, Happy New Year !

Now for my problem. That Netscape setup's driving me nuts. I think I've tryed all the download locations, it just won't connect
    Hate this new way of installing NS.
    Anyone knows of a site that has the full install of NS6 to download ?

[This message has been edited by Admiral (edited 02 January 2001).]

This looks promising, although I'm not sure it's the latest version. As you can see, it was uploaded on November 9th, 2000.

ftp://ftp.netscape.com/pub/netscape6/english/6.0/windows/win32/sea/

Paul
    paulcs@flashcom.net

Comment

This will definitely be the right version. Go to this page, and click the platform that you want to download for.

http://home.netscape.com/download/fu...ml?cp=dowinfo1

------------------
      Andrew
      Carpe Cerevisi
      Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine. -- Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

Thanks guys
        downloading now.

Comment

I like the browser
          Say, how do I import the mail from the NS 4.76 profile ?

[This message has been edited by Admiral (edited 03 January 2001).]

Comment

Hey, here's a thought. Instead of using NS6, which in addition to having an irritating install method is also a bug-laden piece of crap...

Why don't you install Mozilla? Get the latest milestone from www.mozilla.com, and you can even skin it to look like NS6, only without all the irritating bugs and the crappy installer!

- Gurm

------------------
            Listen up, you primitive screwheads! See this? This is my BOOMSTICK! Etc. etc.
            The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
            If only life were as easy as you
            I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
            If only life were as easy as you
            I would still get screwed

Comment

To be honest, I only needed a mail client, that's why I was using NS. I'm still using IE for browsing.

The Mozilla page won't load, it's giving me a "Cannot find server" error.

Comment

That's because it's http://www.mozilla.org
                "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Thanks Greebe
                  So, I uninstalled NS and installed Mozilla. Browser's faster, both loading and browsing and doesn't have that many toollbars. Still I want to know how to import mail from NS 4.76.
                  The import option gives me only from Outlook Express, Outlook and Eudora.

Comment

What can you export to from 4.76?

Check and see what OE can import and if you can match that up with what NS can output - then cross those fingers and hope it all ends up ok by the time it gets to Mozilla!

IE still edges it for me though I'm using Mozilla in WinME - maybe Win2k might prove a better platform for me and Mozilla but it's IE for the moment.

Paul.
                    Meet Jasmine.
                    flickr.com/photos/pace3000

Comment

I used IE5 up till now, but I've tried Opera 5, because I got fed up with some IE bugs.... and I must say I _REALLY_ like it... it's a stayer for me. It loads webpages MUCH faster than IE, uses _less_ memory, suffers from less bugs, and has a no-nonsense mail and even instant messenger implementation.... the only things I dislike about it are occasional crashes (which maybe be caused because of my CPU overclocking... will check into that tomorrow), some very minor mistakes in displaying pages (for example, no default radio button selection is shown, while it DOES select the default one), and the news reader (wich sucks in my opinion)

Comment

Thanks Pace, I used Outlook Express to import from NS 4.76 and after that opened Mozilla and imported from OE. Turned out ok

Comment

Originally posted by Admiral:
                          I used Outlook Express to import from NS 4.76 and after that opened Mozilla and imported from OE.
                          Bit of a way around, I guess, Andrei?
                          I installed Mozilla here the first time (Mozilla 0.6), and upon starting up it asked me what profile I wanted to use. My Netscape profile was right there in the list, so I told it to use that.
                          It took over all my mail, mail-settings and bookmarks without a problem.

So maybe something you want to start up, if you didn't do this before, is the Mozilla Profile manager.

Jord.

Jordâ„¢

Comment

Start/Programs/Mozilla Seamonkey/Profile Manager

Ups

[This message has been edited by Admiral (edited 09 January 2001).]

Comment

Working...
                            X