HEY!!!!.Murcers..check out this stuppidity..LoL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HEY!!!!.Murcers..check out this stuppidity..LoL

Speaking of stupidity, I was in a software store yesterday (EBX), and they had on display a Hercules 3D Prophet II Ultra 64 MB DDR Whizbang Super-duper Pixel-Blaster, and the price, in canadian dollars of course, was $799.99!! Why the hell would anyone spend that kind of money on a frickin' video card? I don't understand...

------------------
    Andrew
    Carpe Cerevisi
    Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine. -- Dr. Perry Cox

The price on that card isn't much different than that in CompUSA.

Comment

HEY!!!!.Murcers..check out this stuppidity..LoL

just check this crap out...& have phun!!! http://bbspot.com/News/2001/01/nvidia.html
      PIII650@806(fsb@124),ASUS P3B-F,128mb,Matrox Mill-G400 32SH,SB.Live!vlue ,IntelliMouse Explorer

Comment

TSB material!
        "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Okay, convert that to Australian dollars ($1AUD = 54cUS) and that's what a guy I know paid for his 64Mb Prophet II GTS... and he still only has a 15" monitor! Absolutely stupid.

And on his T'bird 700 it didn't seem that much better than my G400 on my Athlon Classic 700 (granted I was at 640x480 and he was probably playing at 1024x768 anti-aliased, but you can't tell that on a 15" monitor)

Even crazier thing is he has a wireless keyboard and mouse. Wireless mouse in Quake3 just doesn't feel right - I don't think it refreshes fast enough.
          <i>Shampoo is better! I go on first and clean the hair!</i>

Athlon 700, K7V, 192Mb RAM, 32Mb G400 DH (v5.52), SBLive!, 26.4GB HDD, Win2k Pro, Actima 8xDVD, LG 32x4x4x CD-RW, CTX VL950T 19"

Comment

Hmm, that's not a bad price. It works out to just over £350 GBP.

I paid £450 GBP for my Hercules GF2 Ultra.
            Phils PC Mods - a rough guide

Comment

Working...
            X